Tnpsc Tamil Current Affairs 13th December 2016
Winmeen Tnpsc Tamil Current Affairs 13th December 2016 is uploaded here as Pdf Format. Aspirants can download and use it for your preparation.
[ தமிழ் நடப்பு நிகழ்வுகள் கீழே ]
1] Microsoft launches India’s first Cybersecurity Engagement Centre in New Delhi
* Software giant Microsoft India has launched its first full-scale Cybersecurity Engagement Centre (CSEC) in New Delhi.
* It is Microsoft’s seventh Cybersecurity Centre in the world. It will function as a satellite to the its Redmond Digital Crimes Unit (DCU).
Key Facts :-
* The first-of-its-kind centre in India will bring together Microsoft capabilities to foster deeper cybersecurity collaborations with public and private sector organisations.
* It will help to build a trusted and secure computing environment, a critical enabler for India’s digital transformation.
* Microsoft’s other six cyber security centres are located in Singapore, Tokyo, Beijing, Seoul, Berlin and Washington DC.
2] Union Government to launch National Resource Centre Vanjeevan for Tribal Livelihood
* The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs is going to will launch “Vanjeevan”, the National Resource Centre (NRC) for Tribal Livelihood issues in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
* It will be launched in collaboration with UNDP and National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation (NSTFDC). Besides, NRC website and e-knowledge platform on tribal livelihood will also be unveiled.
* Vanjeevan in the first phase will identify the problems in livelihood issues in select districts of six states having low Human Development Index (HDI) of tribal people.
* The programme will focus on the identification of local resources, keeping in view the existing skill level.
3] Researchers discover mutated Atlantic killifish resistant to toxic waste 8,000 times
* Researchers discovered Atlantic killifish, a fish species which has evolved to be 8,000 times more resilient to toxic waste compared with normal fish.
* The fish species lives in the heavily polluted East Coast estuaries of US such as the Elizabeth River in Virginia and the Newark Bay in New Jersey.
4] Punjab Government launches India’s first amphibious bus project
* Punjab Government has launched country’s first amphibious bus project at the Harike wetland near Amritsar.
* The amphibious bus named as “Harike Cruise” travels on land and as well as in water. It was launched by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
* The route of bus includes a 13 km ride from Amritsar to Harike wetlands. It will then traverse 4km on water. It covers the distance in 45 minutes.
5] Ammonia detected for first time in upper Troposphere
* Scientists for the first time have detected trace amounts of ammonia in the upper troposphere, the lowest atmospheric layer of Earth. It was detected by team of researchers from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Germany.
* They had analysed satellite data collected from various parts of the troposphere between June 2002 to April 2012.
* The ammonia (NH3) was released into the atmosphere as agricultural emission from livestock farming and fertilisation. It was found in highest concentrations above Asian monsoon regions of India and China. Similar levels of ammonia were detected nowhere else on Earth.
* The ammonia concentration was up to 33 pptv (33 ammonia molecules per trillion air molecules) above Southeast China and North India.
6] China launches advanced weather satellite Fengyun-4
* China has successfully launched Fengyun-4 satellite, first of its new generation weather satellites into geostationary orbit. It was launched onboard of Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan Province.
* The launch marked the 242nd mission of China’s Long March series of rockets.
* Fengyun-4 is the first of China’s second-generation weather satellites and also the country’s first quantitative remote-sensing satellite in highest orbit.
7] Kolkata-Mizoram trade route via Myanmar to open soon
* A deep water port built in Myanmar’s Sittwe by India is ready to be commissioned. Thus, open Kolkata-Mizoram trade route via Myanmar.
* The Sittwe port is starting point for the Kaladan Multi Modal Transit Transport Project in Myanmar. Once shipments arrive at Sittwe port from Kolkata, they will be transferred to smaller freight carriers which would sail upstream into Mizoram.
* Reduces dependency on only route narrow strip dubbed as the Chicken’s Neck in West Bengal, sandwiched between Bhutan and Bangladesh. India has piped post Chinese endeavour to create a deep-sea berthing infrastructure and SEZ at Kyaukphyu in Rakhine.
8] Gotthard Base Tunnel, world’s longest rail tunnel starts regular service
* The famed Gotthard Base Tunnel (GBT) has started regular commercial rail service in Switzerland. The first regular train to use GBT ferried passenger from Zurich to Lugano.
* The twin-bore GBT is world’s longest and deepest railway tunnel with length of 57-kilometer. It had overtaken Japan’s Seikan tunnel (53.9 kilometers) as the longest rail tunnel in world after it was opened in June 2016 for its maiden ride.
Key Facts :-
* GBT is the first flat low-level route through the Alps Mountain. It is situated 2.3 km deep under these mountains and57-kilometer long.
* It connects northern and southern Europe and also shortens travel time for many rail routes It was built in 17 years’ time frame starting in 1992 as a part of AlpTransit project, also known as New Railway Link through the Alps (NRLA).
* It consists of two single-track tunnels connecting Erstfeld (Uri) with Bodio (Ticino) and passing below Sedrun (Graubünden). The main purpose of the GBT is to increase total transport capacity across the Alps, especially for freight.