Tnpsc Tamil Current Affairs 12th October 2016
Current affairs for competitive exams 12th October 2016
1. The first BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition has started at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from October 12, 2016 to boost trade among the BRICS nations. The fair is a platform for BRICS countries viz. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa to exhibit state-of-the-art technologies and advances made in industrial development. The theme of the trade fair is “Building BRICS – Innovation for Collaboration”.
2. The second Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM)-2016 will be held from October 15 to 23 in the premises of Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi. It will showcase the rich cultural heritage of India in all its rich and varied dimensions, viz Handicrafts, Cuisine, Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Documentation and Performing Arts-Folk, Tribal, Classical and Contemporary- all in one place.
3. The book “The Story of a New Name” has been authored by Elena Ferrante. It is about the women’s fraught relationship and shifting fortunes are the life forces. .
4. The first-ever World Tsunami Awareness Day (WTAD) will be observed on November 5, 2016 to spread awareness among people across the world in matters related to the dangers of tsunami and shall stress on the importance of early warning systems in order to mitigate damage from the often devastating natural hazard.
5. The 3rd edition of the SAARC Sufi festival will be held at the Diggi palace in Jaipur from October 14-16, 2016. The event is being organized by SAARC Writers and Literature (FOSWAL). In it, SAARC Sufi scholars, poets, Sufi musicians, singers and dancers and performers will participate excluding Pakistan.
6. India’s remote and high altitude research station “Himansh” has recently opened at a remote region in Spiti, Himachal Pradesh above 13,500 ft (> 4000 m). It is established by National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research (NCAOR), Goa, under the Ministry of Earth Sciences to better study and quantifies the Himalayan glacier responses towards the climate change.
7. India has been ranked 97th out of 118 countries in the 2016 Global Hunger Index (GHI). The focus of the 2016 GHI is to present a multidimensional measure of national, regional, and global hunger, focusing on how the world can get to Zero Hunger by 2030.The GHI is a multidimensional statistical tool used to describe the state of countries’ hunger situation. It describes India’s hunger situation as “serious”. The Index is released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
8. Recently, the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup (KWC) has started on October 7 at the Arena By TransStadia in Ahmedabad, which is India’s first-ever convertible stadium. The Arena by TransStadia uses a globally patented technology, which converts an outdoor stadium into an indoor arena within 6 minutes at a touch of a button. The facility has a seating capacity of 20,000 and can house 14 sports, excluding cricket.
9. The book “The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad” has been authored by Twinkle Khanna, which will be launch on November 2016.
10. Andrzej Wajda (90) was a renowned Polish film and theatre director, who passed away recently in Warsaw, Poland. He was an Academy Award-wining director and was known for the movies such as “The Promised Land”, “Man of Iron” and “Katyn”.