Cultural Heritage of Tamil Nadu – Questions With Answers Pdf Download
Cultural Heritage of Tamil Nadu – Questions With Answers Pdf Download: History Notes Pdf – Study Materials for Tnpsc & All Competitive exams.
- Which is the oldest surviving culture and language?
- What is the period of Mamulanar?
- What is the age of Tamil language?
- Name one ruler who was excellent poet?
Ariyapadai Kadantha Nedunchezhian
- What are the places were rulers engaged in wars?
Sinhalese, Kadambas, Yavanas and Ariyas
- Name some prominent monarchs of the Sangam age?
Cheran Senguttuvan, Karikala Cholan, Ariyapadaikadantha Neduncheziyan
- When Kalabhras did uproot the Tamil Kingdoms?
3rd Century A.D. to 6th Century A.D.
- Who established Dravida Sangha at Madurai?
Jain monk Vajranandhi
- Who was the popular Kalabhra ruler of Uraiyur?
- Who replaced Kalabhras?
Pallavas of Kanchi in North Tamil Nadu and Pandiyas of Madurai in South Tamil Nadu
- Name some Pallava rulers?
Simha Vishnu, Mahendravarman I and Narashimavarman I
- Who were patrons of Saivism and Vaishnavism?
- Who revived Chola power?
Vijayalaya and Aditya Chola
- How is political history of Tamil Nadu divided?
- Sangam age
- Kalabhra age
- Age of Tamil Empires
- Who were the three crowned monarchs of Tamil Nadu?
Chera, Chola and Pandya
- Name some Siva temples built by Chola?
Brahadeeswarar temple, Gangaikondacholapuram and Darasuram
- Which led to fall of Chola empire?
Revival of Pandyas at Madurai and the emergence of Hoysalas of Dwarsamudra
- How are king`s court called as?
Avai, Naalavai, Manram
- How is empire divided?
- How are Mandalams divided?
- How are Nadus divided?
- What is the local bodies called as?
Ur or Urar for villages and Nattar for Nadus
- Who were the head of monarchial governments?
- How are royal army categorized?
Infantry, Cavalry, War elephant and Chariots
- Which age is called as golden age?
The Chola age
- Which describes the social conditions of the Sangam Tamils?
Porulathikaram in Tolkappiam
- How are Tamil land divided?
- Kurunji-hill and hilly region
- Mulai- the Pastoral slopes
- Marudham-the fertile and cultivable plains
- Neidal-the coastal or littoral region and
- Paalai-the desert region
- How are population classified?
- Kuravar or Vedar of Kurinji
- Idayar or Mullai
- Uzhavar pf Marudham
- Minavar or Parathavar of Neidal
- Kallar of Paalai
- How are people classified in royal towns of Marudham region?
- Arasar – Princes
- Anthanar – Wisemen
- Vanikar- traders
- Kuyavar – potters
- Umnar-salt merchants
- Weavers and other handicraft men, poets, teachers
- What do the Sangam literature include?
Tolkappiam (a grammar work), Ettuthogai, Pathupattu, Pathinen Keezh Kanakku, Silapadhikaram and Manimegalai, Ettutogai, and Pathupattu
- Which system received royal recognition during Pallava’s time?
- Name some major works in literature during Sangam age?
18 minor works, 5 major epics such as Silapadhikaram, Manimekalai, Kundalakesi, Valayapathi and Seevaga Sinthamani and 5 minor epics such as Neelakesi, Sulamani, Udayana Kumara Kaviyam, Yasodhara Kaviyam and Nagakumara Kaviyam epics and grammatical works Pingala Nigandu and Yapperumkalam
- Name some Sanskrit works of Pallava period?
Mattavilasaprakasanam, Kirtarjuniyam, Avanti Sundaru Katha and Kavyadarsam
- What was the religion practice of Sangam age based on?
- Name some popular deities during Sangam age?
Hero stones, Seyon, Mayon, Vendan, Varunan, Valiyon and Kotravai
- Which period witnessed Saivaite and Vaishnavite clashes?
The Chola Period
- What were the things that were Tamil Siddhars against?
Caste discriminations, temple system, superstitions and rituals
- What did the Sangam age drama consist of?
Pann, Aasai and Koothu
- What so the Pallava inscription at Kudumianmalai refers to?
Refers to a great musician Rudracharya
- What do the Sangam literature refers to?
Enn, Kanakku Nazhigai Yamam Kaatham and Kol