Guidelines for Maulana Azad National Fellowship
This article is about the guidelines and instructions for applying for Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students.
UGC and MANF
University Grants Commission is the incharge authority for providing this MANF. MANF means Maulana Azad National Fellowship. This fellowship is for providing five year fellowship in form of financial assistance to the students from minority communities for the purpose of higher education that is M.Phil and PhD. This scheme is open to those candidates who belong to Minority Community that is Muslim, Sikh, Parsi, Buddhist and Christian. And it is given for them for the purpose of higher education such as regular full time M.Phil and PhD degrees in faculties such as Science, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering and Technology. They are providing about 756 slots every year for all subjects mentioned and 3% of this is provided for Minority Candidates as per the norms of Government of India.
The following are the some of the objectives of the Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide five year fellowship in the form of financial assistance to students belonging to minority communities in India.
- It is aims at providing financial support for students belonging to minority communities for pursuing higher education such as M.Phil and PhD full time in any of the notified institute or university in India.
- It will be in the platform of UGC Fellowships awarded to research students and the fellowship students under this scheme will be called as MOMA scholars.
Eligibility for Maulana Azad National Fellowship
The following are the eligibility criteria for the Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- Candidates belonging to any one minority community in India are eligible for this Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- The applicant should have passed post graduation examination with minimum of 50 % of aggregate marks.
- It is applicable for those candidates who wish to pursue full time research without the help of JRF.
- The community of the applicant should be notified under the Section 2 (C) of the National Commission of Minorities.
- The annual income of the beneficiary should not be more than 4.5 lakh from all source.
- Not more than one student can take this fellowship opportunity form single family.
Nature of Assistant
|S. No||Nature||Fellowship amount||Category|
|1||Fellowship in Science, Humanities, Social Science and Engineering and Technology.||Rs. 16,000p.m.for initial of two years.
Rs. 18,000p.m. for remaining tenure
|2||Contingency A||Rs. 10,000 p.a. initial of two years
Rs. 20,500 p.a. for remaining tenure.
|3||Contingency B||Rs. 12,000 p.a. for initial two years
Rs. 25000 p.a. for remaining tenure.
|Science and Technology|
|4||Department Assistant||Rs.3000 p.a. per students to the host institutions for providing infrastructure.||All Subjects|
|5||Escorts/ Readers Assistance||Rs. 2000 p.m. in case of physically handicapped and blind candidates.||All Subjects|
|6||HRA||As per the rules and regulations of the University/Institutions.||All Subjects|
Procedure for Applying for this Maulana Azad National Fellowship
The following are the procedure for applying for this Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
- Aspirant must log on to the official website www.ugc.ac.in.
- In the homepage they will find a link as Latest Notification.
- In that search for Maulana Azad National Fellowship. By clicking on it the site for Maulana Azad National Fellowship site will get open.
- Applicant will be given guidelines and instructions about the fellowship first. They have to download it and understand all the information’s correctly.
- After that they will find a link as Apply Online
- By clicking on it the application form will get open.
- Candidates must read the field correctly and fill the application form
- Attach all the documents that is been asked in the application form.
- Finally click on Submit button.
- The application will get submitted to the authority.
Procedure for Approval by UGC
- All the applications that is been sent to the UGC will be scrutinized and short listed by the commission.
- The commission also has the rights to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason.
- After completion of the procedures the Joining Reports of the candidate which is duly signed by the Supervisor/ Head Department is to be submitted in the bank mentioned by them.
- Only based on this the commission will release the grants to the candidates.
Procedure for Release of Grant
- On the basis of the UGC approval letter the commission will release the grants to the candidates.
- Candidates must mention the correct bank account along with the IFSC code to the commission.
- The candidates must have regular contact with the bank for getting their notification about the release of grant by the commission.
For other details related to various other fellowships and scholarship keep regular visit to our website. We will also provide information related to latest recruitment notification in our website www.winmeen.com.