Gujarat MBA CET Admission Application Procedure 2017
Thinking of doing higher studies after completion of under graduate program recently? Yes, we are sure that you are at right place, we have provided with the latest update from Gujarat educational board on course of MBA. Come on hurry up, we will let you know how to approach the Gujarat CET 2017. Here all details related to Gujarat MBA CET Admission Application Procedure 2017 are given below.
Origin and Funtions
The Government of Gujarat, in the Legislative Assembly has passed an act, Act No.2 of 2008 called “Gujarat Professional Technical Educational Colleges or Institutions (Regulation of Admission and Fixation of Fees) Act, 2007” to make special provision for regulation of admission in the professional technical education colleges or institutions in the State and fixation of fees in such colleges or institutions and for matter connected therewith.
As per the powers conferred to State Government, in Section 20(1) of the said Act, the Government of Gujarat, Education Department by way of a notification had constituted two different Committees called “Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)” to regulate the admission of candidates to the professional degree courses respectively. The mission assigned to these Committees is to carry out the counseling process in a fair and transparent manner. The admission process is conducted by these Committees strictly on the basis of merit and the preference of the candidate. The functions of the Committee are as follows:
- The Committee shall supervise, monitor and control the entire process of admission to the candidates seeking admissions to the professional educational colleges or institutions.
- The Committee shall prepare the merit list in accordance with the provisions of the acts and the rules made there under.
- The Committee shall allocate the Government Seats and the Management Seats in accordance with the provisions of the acts and the rules made there under.
- The Committee shall ensure that admission in the Government Seats and the Management Seats are made as per the merit list prepared and that no candidate is admitted against the Management seats unless his name appears in the merit list.
Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) is an annual common entrance exam for MBA and MCA studies in Gujarat, India, since 2002. Every year it is conducted between March to August. Gujarat Technological University was inaugurated in October 2007.
There two types of admissions seats covered under GCET:
- Grant-in-Aid (GIA) for University runs departments. Fees are significantly low.
- SFI (Self Financed) for private institutes.
The written test comprises of sections on quantitative ability, reasoning, data interpretation, reading comprehension, verbal ability, and general knowledge. The candidates can take the test in English or Gujarati.
Totally 5,429 MBA admissions were given. Out of it, 3,298 admissions were from Open/General category, while 1,463 from SEBC category. 7% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste, 15% for Scheduled Tribes and 27% seats are for Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (including widows and orphans).
We have listed few institutions in and around the state Gujarat for your reference. These institutions has good brand name for doing MBA. Have a look to make counselling easier.
- School of Management and Entrepreneurship, Auro University of Hospitality and Management Surat
- B K School of Business Management, Ahmedabad
- Faculty of Management Studies, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Centre for Management Studies, Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad
- AES Post Graduate Institute of Business Management, Ahmedabad
- Som-Lalit Institute of Business Management Studies, Ahmedabad
- G H Patel PG Institute of Business Management, Vallabh Vidya Nagar
- R D Gardi Institute of Business Management, Rajkot
- Department of Business & Industrial Management, Surat
The Candidates must have completed the graduation degree in any stream from any recognised university with minimum 50% aggregate for general category and 45% for reserved candidates. The candidates who are pursuing UG of final year also can applicable. If candidates who cracked or appeared in competitive exams such as MAT (Management Aptitude Test), CAT (Common Admission Test), ATMA (AIIMS Test for Management Admission), CMAT (Common Management Admission Test) with good scoring will be given first priority during admission.
The selection process will be Entrance exam, Group discussion and Interview. The application will be available in official link. The candidates need to download and fill all the personal details also attach all required document which is given detailed in instructions. Follow all instructions as per board rules. We have mentioned some documents which are needed to be carried on the day of counselling process or admission as follows,
- Graduation certificates
- Rank card & admit card of entrance exam
- 10th & 12th passing certificate
- 10th & 12th class mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (for state quota)
Official Link: >>>> Check In <<<<
Check here to know more details. Also subscribe with us, whereas at right side of the screen you can find subscription box to enter your email address. Thus it will help you to know all Job updates in daily basis. Just bookmark this page if not interested in getting daily updates.