IIFT MBA Entrance Application Form Procedure 2017
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade is otherwise called as IIFT. It offers two years MBA International Business courses for Indian and NRI Students. It is consider as eminent business school in India, so it has invited candidates to get apply for National Level Entrance Exam 2017. Check the application procedure below as IIFT MBA Entrance Application Form Procedure 2017.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organisation to help professionalise the country’s foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources; generating, analysing and disseminating data; and conducting research. The Institute visualises its role as:
- A catalyst for new ideas, concepts and skills for the internationalisation of the Indian economy.
- The primary provider of training and research-based consultancy in the areas of international business, for the corporate sector, Government and the student community, at large.
- An institution with proven capability to continuously upgrade its knowledge base with a view to meet the requirements of the Government, trade and industry through both sponsored and non-sponsored research and consultancy assignments.
The Institute’s portfolio of long-term programmes is diverse, catering to the requirements of aspiring International Business executives and mid-career professionals alike. These are
- Two-year MBA (International Business), New Delhi, Kolkata, and Dar-es-Salaam
- Three-year MBA (International Business) (Part-Time), New Delhi and Kolkata
- Executive Masters in International Business, New Delhi (18 months)
- Certificate Programme in Export Management, New Delhi (4 months)
IIFT 2015 Analysis
IIFT 2015 was held on November 22, 2015 and an estimated 47,000 candidates took the entrance exam for Full-Time MBA (IB) course with 270 seats. 1508 candidates were shortlisted for final admission round of Essay Writing, Group discussion and Interview, making it one of the toughest B-school admission processes in India.
The candidates who have completed UG courses can take part and also the students who doing final semester of graduation in any discipline can apply to submit their qualification certificate on or before 7th October 2016. The admission also open for NRI candidates, such that by considering GMAT – General Management Aptitude Test which have been declared before 1st January 2015 and the same has to be received by the institute on 31st march 2016. No age limit is a happy news to all interested candidates.
- The entrance test is a paper-based test which takes place in November
- A short-list based on the test scores is used to invite students for the Group Discussion round. Topics of national and international importance across social, political, economic and corporate domains are common as individuals are tested on their group discussion skills.
- A Writing Ability Test is conducted to test the candidate’s writing skills, along with knowledge of the subject and structure of representation.
- The Personal Interview has a distinct focus on goals, achievements, knowledge and awareness.
The application fee is non- refundable. The payment will be one time.
For General candidates – Rs.1550
For SC or ST or Ph candidates – Rs. 775
For NRI candidates or Foreign national – Rs.4500 i.e. US $ 80.
This fees can be paid either through Demand draft or Online banking or cash at the counter.
The application will be available in official link from 15th July 2016 onwards. This application form will be available through offline or online mode. The application is also available at the institute counter as brochures. The candidates need to download and fill all the personal details also attach all required document which is given detailed in instructions. Once filled, the candidates are asked to send the forms to the address below either through Post or in personal. The candidates are asked to retain the copy of all documents for future use.
Written exam pattern
The question paper will be of Objective type of 125 questions. Every year, they will be change in pattern. So always check clearly. You need to score separately in each section.
|Sections||No. of Question||Marking Scheme|
|Data InterpretationLogical Reasoning||1920||10.75|
The written exam centres are Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubeneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hydrabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam. Written Test will be held on 27th November 2016 during 10.00 AM – 12.00 Noon. Based on the written exam score candidates will be called for the essay writing, group discussion and Interview to be held at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
We have mentioned some documents which are needed to be carried on the day of counselling process or admission as follows,
- Graduation certificates
- Rank card & admit card of entrance exam
- 10th & 12th class mark sheet
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (for state quota)
Sh. Gaurav Gulati, SAO (Academics),
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21 Qutab Institutional Area,
Official link: Press Here
Last date to submit application form (General/OBC/SC/ST): 05.09.2016
For Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI candidates: 15.02.2017
Written exam date: 27.11.2016
Admit card: First week of November 2016
Check here to know more details. Also subscribe with us, whereas at right side of the screen you can find subscription box to enter your email address. Thus it will help you to know all Job updates in daily basis. Just bookmark this page if not interested in getting daily updates.