Instructions and Guidelines for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2016
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship applications has been opened in their official website www.ugc.ac.in for applicants. Instructions and Guidelines for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2016 Application Available at Official Website.
UGC and RGNF
UGC, it is elaborated as University Grant Commission. It takes the responsibility in checking activities of universities and colleges in India. There are lots of measures taken by UGC for the benefit of scholars. One of the important benefit render by the UGC is providing of fellowships for the research scholars. One of the important fellowship given by UGC is RGNF it is elobrated as Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship. This fellowship is only for the category of SC and ST. It is funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, and New Delhi. Every year around 2000 slots are given for SC and 667 slots are given for ST students in India. this scheme was introduced in the year 2005-06.
Feature of RGNF
The Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship has certain salient features. These features are discussed below.
- UGC is the agency which has the right to implement this scheme.
- It supports only for SC and ST students for the purpose of higher studies such as M.Phil and PhD in all the universities, colleges and Institutions in India.
- It is awarded only for full time research candidates.
- The total number of fresh fellowship every year for SC is 2000 and ST is 667.
- In case if the number of fellowship increases then candidates will be selected based on their marks in their post graduation.
Eligibility for RGNF
The following are the eligibility criteria for applying for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship keep reading the full article.
The main target group of this fellowship if for unemployed SC/ST candidates who have passed their PG in concerned subjects and who have desire to pursue full time research without JRF of CBSE NET.
- The candidates should belong only to SC/ST.
- Family income of the applicant should not be above Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum.
- Those candidates belonging to SC/ST category who has already registered for PHD or M.Phil is also eligible for applying for this fellowship.
- Fellowship will be transferred to the candidates through bank account. So bankc aacount is necessary documents.
Nature of Assistance
|S. No||Nature||Fellowship amount||Category|
|1||Fellowship in Science, Humanities, Social Science and Engineering and Technology.||Rs. 16,000p.m.for initial of two years.
Rs. 18,000p.m. for remaining tenure
|2||Contingency A||Rs. 10,000 p.a. initial of two years
Rs. 20,500 p.a. for remaining tenure.
|3||Contingency B||Rs. 12,000 p.a. for initial two years
Rs. 25000 p.a. for remaining tenure.
|Science and Technology|
|4||Department Assistant||Rs.3000 p.a. per students to the host institutions for providing infrastructure.||All Subjects|
|5||Escorts/ Readers Assistance||Rs. 2000 p.m. in case of physically handicapped and blind candidates.||All Subjects|
|6||HRA||As per the rules and regulations of the University/Institutions.||All Subjects|
Procedure for Applying for RGNF
Those applicants who feel that they are eligible for applying for this fellowship they can take up these opportunities. It is like a dream for many candidates who are pursuing their Research. Here we feel happy to give you all the possible guidelines for applying for this fellowship. Keep reading till the end to get full instructions for applying for this fellowship.
- The application form the applicants should be made through online mode alone. To get the application candidates are supposed to visit the official website.
- Type as www.ugc.ac.in.
- In the homepage they will find a link as UGC Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship.
- By clicking on it they will be directed to the UGC Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship site.
- There they will find a link as Apply Online.
- By clicking on the link the application form will get open.
- Candidates can fill all the details directly on online and finally click on submit button to submit your application.
- Keep all the documents ready for applying. As the period of application is short. A large mass of candidates will be eagerly waiting to apply for it. So there will be clash in network.
- And please fill your application form before the closing date as after the closing date the application will not be available online.
Procedure for Approval by UGC
- All the applications that is been sent to the UGC will be scrutinized and short listed by the commission.
- The commission also has the rights to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason.
- After completion of the procedures the Joining Reports of the candidate which is duly signed by the Supervisor/ Head Department is to be submitted in the bank mentioned by them.
- Only based on this the commission will release the grants to the candidates.
Procedure for Release of Grant
- On the basis of the UGC approval letter the commission will release the grants to the candidates.
- Candidates must mention the correct bank account along with the IFSC code to the commission.
- The candidates must have regular contact with the bank for getting their notification about the release of grant by the commission.
For more instructions and guidelines for other scholarships and fellowship keep regular visit to our website www.winmeen.com. We will provide you all guidelines for getting fellowship. We will also give your carrier assistance.