1. A and B are partners in a business . A contributes of the capital fo 15 months and B received of the profit .Find for how long B’S money was used.
(a) 6 months
(b) 8 months
Let B contributor of the capital for x months.
According to the questions,
2. A starts business with Rs.7000 and after 5 months, B joined as a partner .After a year the profit is divided in the ratio 2:3. The capital of B is,
Let the Capital of B is Rs.x
According to the question,
3. In a business partnership among A,B,C and D, the profit is shared as follows
If the total is Rs.400000,the share of c is,
Let the profits of A,B,C,D are x,3x,9x,27x respectively.
Partnership of C =×400000
4. A started a business with a capital Rs.100000. 1yr later , B joined him with a start of the business ,the profit earned was Rs.84000.The share of B in the profit exceeded the shares of A by
Ratio of equivalent capitals of A and B for 1 month
Part of profit gained by A=
Part of profit gained by B=
5. A,B,C entered into Partnership in a business . A gotof the profit and B and C distributed the remaining profit equally.If C got Rs.400 less than A, the total profit was
(a) Rs. 1600
(c) Rs. 1000
(d) Rs. 800
Let the total profit be Rs.x
A’s Share in Profit=Rs.
B’s Share in Profit= Rs.
C’s Share in Profit = Rs.
According to the question,
X== Rs. 1000
6. A began business with Rs. 45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.54000.After how many months did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio 2:1?
Let B remained in Business for x months.
Ratio of equivalent capitals=45000×12:54000×x
Clearly B joined after (12-5)=7 months.
7. Anbu, Madhu, Arul started a business in partnership investing in the ratio of 3:2:5 respectively.At the end of the year , they earned a profit of Rs.45000 which is 15% of their total investment. How much did Madhu invest?
Total investment =
Anbu: Madhu: Arul=3:2:5
Investment of Madhu=
8. A began a business with Rs.2250 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.2700. If the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of 2:1 , after how much time B joined the business?
(a) 5 months
(b) 6 months
(c) 3 months
(d) 7 months
Let B remained in the business for x months.
Ratio of Profit,
Clearly B joined after 7 months.
9. Alok,Bhism,Chandra hired a meadow jointly for the whole year. Alok put in 80 buffaloes for 10 months, Bhism 100 buffaloes for 5 months and Chandra 150 buffaloes for 4 months .If Alok paid Rs.320 as rent ,what is the total rent for the meadow?
Number of buffaloes put by Alok for 1 month=10×80=800
Number of buffaloes put by Bhisma for 1 month = 5×100=500
Number of buffaloes put by Chandra for 1 month=4×150=600
Sum of Ratios =8+5+6=19
Total rent for the meadow== Rs.760
10. Two partners invest Rs.12500 and 8500 respectively in a business .If one Partner gets Rs. 300 more than the other in the profit, what is the total profit?
Ratio in investments =12500:8500=25:17
Sum of Ratios =25+17=42
Difference of Ratio=25-17=8
Total Profit== Rs.1575