1. Fraction value of 25% is
25% means 25 hundredths
In other words, the rate percent is the quantity for every hundred.
For example, 25% means 25 for every hundred.
2. What is 5% of Rs. 200? [SSC Grad. 1999]
(a) Rs. 0. 25
(b) Rs. 25
(c) Rs. 50
(d) Rs. 10
As a fraction,, for example
5% of Rs. 200 =
3. In an examination, a student who gets 20% of the maximum marks fails by 5 marks. Another student who scores 30% of the maximum marks gets 20 marks more than the pass marks. The necessary percentage required for passing is? [SSC Grad. 2000]
Let the maximum marks = x
Then by given condition, passing marks =
Percentage required for passing=
4. If Shamira earns 25% less than Karthiga, how much percent does Karthiga earn more than Shamira?
If A is R% less than B, then B is more than A by:
Karthiga earn more than Shamira by =
5. If the price of petrol is increased by 30%, by how much percent a car owner must reduce his expenditure in order to maintain the same budget? [SSC Grad. 2000]
If A is R% more than B, then B is less than A by:
6. The price of a MTC bus is 3, 25,000. The value of a MTC bus depreciates at the rate of 10% per annum. What will be the worth of MTC bus after 2 years?
(d) None of these
Value of a machine after n years =
Value of the MTC bus after 2 years =
7. The value of a machine depreciates at rate of 20% per annum. If its value is Rs. 3200, what was the value of the machine 2 years ago?
Let the present value of a machine be P. suppose it depreciates at the rate of R% per annum. Then,
Value of the machines n years ago =
R%=20%; present value=3200; n=4
Value of a machine 4 years ago=
= 0. 0005%
8. In expressing a breadth is 80. 6 km as nearly as possible with three significant digits, Find the percentage error?
(a) 0. 60%
(b) 0. 50%
(c) 0. 90%
(d) 0. 05%
Required percentage =
= 0. 496%
Required percentage = 0. 496%