Shall we move on to the next topic on Shakespeare’s play, Oscar Wilde’s stories, Questions on Dr. Karl Paulnack. The Shakespeare’s play are more interesting among other stories. This section consists of question on character’s famous quote & lines, Character’s Relationship and other indirect or appreciation question in those plays. This type of questions mainly will be asked from play’s such as “The Merchant of Venice” and “Julius Caesar”. It is mandatory to know all other plays of Shakespeare in different categories such as Comedy, Tragedy, Etc. Now let’s discuss some famous quote and other character’s name and their relationship. In this section, nearly 8 to 10 questions will be asked. So do give importance more.
- Who is Nerrisa in Shakespeare’s play of “The Merchant of Venice”?
- Portia’s Sister b) Portia’s Firend c) Bassanio’s Sister d) Portia’s Maid.
This kind of character’s name and their relationship questions will be asked. So be aware of all character’s name.
Important Quotes from the play “Julius Caesar”
- If any speak, for him have I offended.
- Not that I loved Caesar less, but that I loved Rome more.
- Ambition should be made of Sterner Stuff:
- Mark’d ye his words? He would not take the crown.
- For Brutus, as you know, was Caesar’s angel.
Important Quotes from the play “The Merchant of Venice”
- It is enthroned in the heart of kings.
- His Sceptre shows the force of temporal power;
- The Penalty and forfeit of my bond.
- I’ will be bound to pay it ten times O’er.
- It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven.
- “Here’ this most reverend doctor, here it is”
Who is the speaker and who is the listener?
- Bassanio to Duke b) Shylock to Duke c) Shylock to Portia d) Portia to Shylock
- In Julius Caesar, ‘Antony says,
The Evil that men do lives after them;
The good if oft interred with their bones”
- The evil that men do is forgotten after their death
- The evil that men do is remembered after their death
- The good that men do is balanced with the evil they do.
- The good that men do is remembered after their death.
- Why did Brutus kill Julius Caesar, according to Brutus own defense?
- Because Caesar was ambitious
- Because Brutus loved Caesar less
- Because Brutus loved Rome less
- Because Caesar was Valiant.
- In Julius Caesar, Antony speaks the following line
“ This was the most unkindest cut of all”
The cut in the above line refer to the stab of_____
- Casca b) Brutus c) Cassius d) Pompey
- What is the native town of Portia in the play “The Merchant of Venice”
- Venice b) Belmont c) Sicily d) Rome
Questions on Oscar Wilde’s Play
In this Section, Oscar Wilde’s Stories likes, “The Selfish Giant” and “ The Model Millionaire” Question will be asked. Read line by line and also read about the author in detail. Here you may get 5 to 8 questions.
- The Children visited the giant’s garden everyday.
- The Children entered the giant’s garden through a little hole in the wall.
- The Giant’s final Journey was to Paradise.
- He Slipped the Sovereign into the beggar’s hand.
- Alan Trevor was a Painter.
- In Oscar Wilde’s “The Model Millionaire” Hughie could marry Laura provided
- He lent a thousand pounds to Laura’s father
- He gifted Laura ten thousand pounds
- He came into possession of ten thousand pound.
- He borrowed ten thousand pounds.
- In Oscar Wilde’s The Selfish Giant”, ___________ came and took the giant to paradise.
- Jesus Christ b) An Angel c) An Evil Spirit d) The Giant’s friend
- In Oscar Wilde’s “The Selfish Giant”, the giant saw something marvellous in his garden. He saw,
- A Silver tree with golden blossom
- A golden tree with white blossom
- A pink tree with yellow blossom
- A dull tree with no blossom
- Identify the work which is not written by Oscar wilde?
- The Selfish Giant b) The Happy Princess c) The Importance of being Earnest d) Snake
- In Oscar wilde’s “The Selfish Giant”, the giant returned to his castle after 7 years. Because
- He had urgent business at home
- His business with his friend was over
- His friend was sick
- He was not well
Questions on Dr. Karl Paulnack:
Wondering who is Karl Paulnack? If you are thorough enough of all standard samacheer books means, you would have know that, he is pianist and director of Music division at The Boston Conservatory which took place in the lesson of “Music- The Hope Raiser”. From this lesson minimum 2 to 3 questions will be asked. Make note on it and be prepared.
- As in the concentration camp and the evening of 9/11 the artists are the one who might be able to help is without internal invisible lives”
Which are the two countries associated with concentration camp and 9/11 tragedy respectively?
- Russia and Germany b) Iraq and America c) Germany and America d) Iraq and America.
- At High School, Paulnack scored good grades in __________.
- Science and Maths b) Science and Arts c) Science and Humanities d) Arts and Crafts
- The First Asian composer to score a symphony for The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is __________.
- Naushad b) Ustad Bade Ali Khan c) A.R.Rahman d) Ilaiyaraaja.
If you find this article is useful, please re-visit us for next session. Also you can make subscription with us by giving your email address or just bookmark our page. Please stay tune with us for further details and other following updates on our TNPSC General English else, drop our valuable comments to ask your doubts. We are happy to clear your doubts. Thanks for reading!!! Happy Preparation!!!