1] Indian Economy During British Period
- What was the main core of Indian economy?
- What was the percentage of people depending on agriculture in India?
60% of the population.
- Where did trade and commerce flourish in India?
- What was the important occupation of India after independence?
- What was the most famous occupation of India?
2] India after Independence
- Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru gave importance to agriculture, irrigation and power projects.
- What is mixed economy?
Mixed economy is where both private and public sector co-exists.
- To achieve progress in India Nehru decided to bring both the private sector and public sector together. This is called as mixed economy.
- Who said the five year plan will result in fast growth of nation?
- From which country did India got the idea of Five Year plan system?
- In which period did India establish five year plan period?
- Who was the head of five year plan?
President of India
- What are the main scopes of Five Year plan?
- Increasing national income
- Reducing inequalities in income and wealth
- Elimination of poverty
- Providing additional employment
- Removing bottle necks in agriculture production and manufacturing sector.
- Which council was established for seeking permission from state government for the five year plan?
National Development Council
- Who is the head of National Development Council?
State government`s Chief Minister
- How many five year plans has been completed in India?
11 Five Year plan and 12th Five year plan is going on now.
- What was the period of 11th five year plan?
2007 to 2012
- In which month did they start the 11th five year plan?
- What are the main objectives of 11th five year plan?
- Increasing public investment in irrigation, rural electrification and rural roads.
- To reduce subsidy in power and fertilizer
- Promoting agriculture research
- To ensure environmental protection
- Larger employment opportunity
- To develop rural infrastructure
- To abolish poverty
- To reduce dropout rate in primary schools
- Which is the backbone of our nation?
- What is rate of national income from agriculture?
- When was green revolution introduced in India?
- Who established green revolution?
Indian Council for Agriculture Research (ICAR)
- What is green revolution?
It is using of High Yielding Varieties of seeds for growth of rice and wheat in large quantity.
- Trough which measure has countries like India has growth in food production?
- In which sector India has got good development?
- Name some public sector units?
Naively Lignite Corporation, Bharath Heavy Electricals Limited, BSNL and Air India.
- Which year has special significance in Indian economy?
Period of 1991 where New Economic Reform was introduced.
- What were the New Economic Reforms?
Liberalization, Privatalization and Globalization.
- Examples of cottage industries – handlooms and coir industries
- What is the linkage of local market with that if the world’s market?
- How many atomic power stations are there in India?
- Which satellite discovered that there is water in moon?
Chandrayan 1 which was launched in 2008
- Which was the first satellite launched by India?
Aryabhatta I – launched during 1975
- What is the rank of India in case of Telecommunication?
- Name some Information Technology of India?
Infosys, Wipro, TCS and Cognizant
- What is the literacy rate of India according to 2011 census?
- What is the male literacy rate of India?
- What is the female literacy rate in India?
- What is the total literacy rate of India?
- Which state has highest literacy rate?
- Which state has lowest literacy rate?
- What is the literacy rate of Tamil Nadu?
- What is the act formed for compulsory education for children below 14 years?
Right to Children Free and Compulsory Education Act 2009
- What is the act which was formed for education for all?
Sarva Siksha Abyan
- In order to improve secondary education the government passed a new act called as Rastriya Madhamic Siksha Abyan
- What is the rank of India in case of Higher Education?
- Which the main governing body for Higher Education in India?
University Grants Commission
- What is the rank of Tamil Nadu in India in case of Socio-economic development?
- In Tamil Nadu during whose period did they find growth in the Primary Education?
Thiru.K.Kamaraj, the (Ex) Chief Minister
- In providing higher education Tamil Nadu is being top most state in India.
- What is the aim of Tamil Nadu government in the gross enrollment rate for higher education during 2020?
- Which is the most important occupation for people of Tamil Nadu?
- Name some places where thermal power stations are there in Tamil Nadu?
Ennore, Tuticorin, Mettur, Basin Bridge and Naively
- Name some places where hydel power stations are there in Tamil Nadu?
Mettur, Kundah, Periyar Dam, Kothayar Dam, Pykara, Singara and Moyar
- Name some places where atomic energy is found in Tamil Nadu?
Kalpakkam and Koodankulam
- Name some places where wind energy is found in Tamil Nadu?
Coimbatore, Kanyakumari, Tuticorin, Ramanathapuram and Thirunelveli