1. What was the theme of the 20th National Good Governance Webinar Series for 2023-2024?
A. Advancing Agricultural Practices for Sustainable Growth
B. Enhancing Educational Opportunities through Digital Initiatives
C. Promoting Excellence in Sports and Wellness through Khelo India Scheme
D. Strenghthening Healthcare Infrastructure for Public Welfare
- The theme of the 20th National Good Governance Webinar Series for 2023-2024 was “Promoting Excellence in Sports and Wellness through Khelo India Scheme”. The webinar included presentations on initiatives taken by the districts of Churu, Rajasthan and Bishnupur, Manipur, which were awarded the PM’s Award for 2021.
2. ‘Economics of the Food System Transformation’ report is released by which organization?
A. International Monetary Fund
B. Food and Agricultural Organization
C. Food System Economics Commission (FSEC)
D. World Bank
- The ‘Economics of the Food System Transformation’ report is a global policy report from the Food System Economics Commission (FSEC). The report estimates that transforming the global food system could create economic benefits of 5–10 trillion USD per year. The report also states that the policies and implementation to achieve these transformations would cost only 0.2–0.4% of global GDP. The report discusses the unsustainable trajectory of the global food system and the potential economic benefits of a transformation. It also states that transforming food systems worldwide could help address global climate, nature, and health emergencies.
3. ‘Operation Black Gold’ is related to which one of the following?
A. Crude oil Smuggling
B. Gold Smuggling
C. Black Money Smuggling
D. Drugs Smuggling
- Operation Black Gold is about the seizure of an alloy containing 16.67 kg of gold and 39.73 kg of silver in Delhi. The alloy was worth over Rs 10 crore and was seized by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) at FPO Delhi. According to preliminary investigations, a systematic syndicate was involved in the gold smuggling. The gold was coated with silver to change its color from yellow to white. The white mixture was then used to make electric meter covers, which were then painted black to avoid suspicion.
4. Recently, the Government of India has declared which airport as an ‘International Airport’?
A. Surat Airport
B. Shimla Airport
C. Gorakhpur Airport
D. Jorhat Airport
- Surat Airport in Gujarat has achieved ‘International Airport’ status, per the Indian government’s recent announcement. The move, aimed at facilitating global travel and boosting import-export activities for the diamond and textile industries, is set to unlock economic potential.
5. Recently, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed restrictions on which payment bank?
A. Airtel Payments Bank
B. Paytm Payment Bank
C. Jio Payment Bank
D. India Post Payment Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed restrictions on Paytm Payments Bank (PPBL). The restrictions will come into effect on February 29, 2024. The RBI has ordered PPBL to stop accepting fresh deposits in its accounts or wallets after February 29, 2024. The RBI has also ordered PPBL to halt deposits and credit transactions after February 29, 2024. Customers will face restrictions on deposits, credit transactions, and top-ups.
6. Which state has secured the first position in the medal tally at the Khelo India Youth Games 2023 in Chennai?
A. Tamil Nadu
D. Uttar Pradesh
- Maharashtra topped the medal tally at the 2023 Khelo India Youth Games with 158 medals. The host state, Tamil Nadu, finished second with 98 medals. Haryana came in third. Maharashtra’s medal count included 57 gold, 48 silver, and 53 bronze medals. Tamil Nadu’s medal count included 38 gold, 21 silver, and 39 bronze medals.
7. What is ‘eROSITA’?
B. X-ray telescope
C. Artificial Intelligence tool
- The German eROSITA consortium has released data from the first all-sky survey conducted by the eROSITA X-ray telescope on the Russian-German SRG observatory. eROSITA stands for extended ROentgen Survey with an Imaging Telescope Array and is the main instrument on the Russian spacecraft Spektrum-Roentgen-Gamma (SRG). Launched in July 2019, it maps the entire celestial sphere every six months.
8. ‘Sphaerotheca varshaabhu’ belongs to which one of the following species?
- Researchers have discovered a new frog species, Sphaerotheca varshaabhu, thriving in Bengaluru’s urban landscape. Named for its rain-loving behavior, the amphibian emerges from burrows during early showers. With unique characteristics, it adapts to urban challenges, displaying behaviors and physical attributes that set it apart.
9. ‘One Stop Centre scheme’ is formulated by which ministry?
A. Ministry of Women and Child Development
B. Ministry of Finance
C. Ministry of Rural Development
D. Ministry of Agriculture
- The Union Minister for Women and Child Development announced the establishment of One Stop Centres (OSCs) in over 700 districts nationwide, under a Centrally Sponsored Scheme by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The initiative aims to offer comprehensive support for women facing violence, providing immediate access to medical, legal, psychological, and counseling services. The funding comes from the Nirbhaya Fund, with 100% financial assistance from the Central Government.
10. Thanthai Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
A. Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu government has designated 80,114.80 hectares of Bargur Hills in Erode district as the Thanthai Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. This area connects the Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve to the Male Mahadeshwara Hills Tiger Reserve and the Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary, forming a vital corridor for the tiger population.
- The region is rich in biodiversity, serving as a habitat for diverse flora and fauna. It is identified by the National Tiger Conservation Authority, part of the Nilgiris Elephant Reserve, and crucial for water sources and cultural significance to local communities.
11. C- CARES web portal is associated with which sector?
A. Petroleum sector
B. Renewable energy sector
C. Coal sector
D. Agriculture sector
- Recently, Union Minister Shri Pralhad Joshi launched the C-CARES web portal for the Coal Mines Provident Fund Organization (CMPFO). Developed by C-DAC, it aims to digitize records and streamline processes for 3.3 lakh Provident Fund subscribers and 6.1 lakh pensioners in the coal sector. The portal enables online settlement of claims, ensuring transparency, faster processing, and better record management. Aligned with the vision of Digital India, it signifies a significant leap towards efficient and transparent operations in the coal sector.
12. Which Union Ministry implemented the ‘Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 scheme’?
A. Ministry of Railways
B. Ministry of Women and Child Development
C. Ministry of Home Affairs
D. Ministry of Rural Development
- The budget allocation for Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 in 2023-24 is ₹25,449 crore, which is a 6%, increase from the revised estimates of ₹23,913 crore for 2022-23. In 2024, the budget estimate is ₹20,554 crore, which is 1.4% higher than the revised allocation of ₹20,263 crore for 2023. Saksham Anganwadi and Poshan 2.0 is a part of the Mission Poshan 2.0, which was launched in February 2021 by Finance Minister. The Ministry of Women and Child Development is responsible for implementing this scheme.
13. In the interim budget 2024-25, which of the following crops are taken into consideration for ‘Atmanirbhar Oil Seeds Abhiyan’?
A. Mustard, Groundnut, Sesame, Soybean & Sunflower
B. Palm, Coconut, Canola & Castor
C. Peanuts, Cotton & Flax
D. Rapeseed & Palm
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman, highlighted farmer’s welfare and rural demand in the interim budget 2024-25. The budget emphasizes achieving ‘atmanirbharta’ in oil seeds, outlining strategies like research for high-yielding varieties, modern farming techniques adoption, market linkages, procurement, value addition, and crop insurance for mustard, groundnut, sesame, soybean, and sunflower.