1. ‘Vyommitra’ robot is associated with which space mission?
A. Aditya L1
C. Chandrayaan 3
D. Chandrayaan 2
- Vyommitra is a female-looking spacefaring humanoid robot being developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation to function on-board the Gaganyaan, a crewed orbital spacecraft. Set for a third-quarter launch in 2024, Vyommitra simulates human functions in space.
2. Recently, which space agency has identified a potential “super-Earth” that could harbor life?
- NASA has identified a potential “super-Earth,” TOI-715 b, situated 137 light-years away. This distant planet orbits a small, reddish star within the conservative habitable zone, indicating the possibility of liquid water. TOI-715 b is 1.5 times wider than Earth, completes an orbit in just 19 days, and may have a companion Earth-sized planet. NASA’s findings suggest conditions for surface water, pending atmospheric factors.
3. Where was the Centre of Excellence (CoE) on E-waste Management inaugurated?
A. C-MET, Hyderabad
B. C-MET, Mumbai
C. C-MET, Thrissur
D. C-MET, Lucknow
- The Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET) is an autonomous scientific society under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in India. It operates three R&D laboratories in Pune, Hyderabad, and Thrissur, focusing on critical electronic materials.
- C-MET, Hyderabad, is dedicated to developing advanced electronic and strategic materials. A major focus is environmentally friendly e-waste recycling technologies to address India’s 3.2 million tons of electronic waste, promoting resource efficiency.
4. Dusted Apollo belongs to which one of the following species?
- The rare Dusted Apollo butterfly (Parnassius stenosemus) was recently spotted and photographed for the first time in Himachal Pradesh, extending its known distribution from Ladakh to West Nepal. Resembling Ladakh Banded Apollo, it distinguishes with a complete discal band on the upper forewing. The sighting of the protected Regal Apollo (Parnassius charltonius) also occurred, highlighting the rich diversity of Apollo butterflies in the region.
5. Thrips Parvispinus belongs to which one of the following species?
A. Invasive pest species
- The Union Agriculture Minister revealed in Rajya Sabha that Thrips Parvispinus, an invasive pest, may have displaced native chilli thrips in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. This polyphagous pest affects various crops, including drumstick, pigeon pea, and mango. Originally reported in India in 2015, Thrips Parvispinus has spread globally, causing economic losses and viral infections. The pest’s infestation posing a threat to horticultural crops amid changing agricultural practices and climate conditions.
6. Where was the ‘India’s First Digital National Museum of Epigraphy’ inaugurated?
- Union Culture Minister G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the foundation stone for India’s digital National Museum of Epigraphy at the Salar Jung Museum, Hyderabad. Managed by the Archaeological Survey of India, the museum aims to digitize one lakh ancient inscriptions from various periods and languages, aligning with the Bharat Shared Repository of Inscriptions initiative.
7. Which one of the following is the best description of ‘ABHYAS’?
A. A Transit method to detect planets
B. A high-speed expendable aerial target
C. A Satellite
D. A next generation Stealth aircraft
- Four flight trials of High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) – ABHYAS were successfully carried out by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) from the Integrated Test Range, Chandipur in Odisha.
- The objectives like safe release of booster, launcher clearance and attaining the required end of launch velocity were achieved. Designed by DRDO’s Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), ABHYAS offers a realistic threat scenario for practice of weapon systems. It is designed for autonomous flying with the help of an auto pilot indigenously made by the ADE.
8. Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar programme comes under which ministry?
A. Ministry of Finance
B. Ministry of Rural Development
C. Ministry of Culture
D. Ministry of Defence
- The Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar program, initiated by the Ministry of Culture, aims to culturally map India’s 6.5 lakh villages, encompassing 29 States and 7 Union Territories. Launched on July 27, 2023, under the National Mission on Cultural Mapping, it compiles information on seven categories, from arts and crafts to historical and ecological aspects.
9. Who won the 87 kg Greco-Roman title at the National Wrestling Championships 2024?
A. Yogeshwar Dutt
B. Sunil Kumar
C. Ravi Dahiya
D. Saurav Gurjar
- Sunil Kumar won the 87 kg Greco-Roman title at the 2024 National Wrestling Championships, which took place in Jaipur, Rajasthan on February 4, 2024. Kumar, an Asian Games bronze medalist, beat Manoj Kumar 9-1 to win the title.
10. Recently, which album won the ‘Best Global Music Album’ award at the Grammy Awards 2024?
A. This Moment
B. Endless Summer Vacation
C. The Record
D. World Music Radio
- This Moment by the Indian jazz band Shakti won the 2024 Grammy Award for Best Global Music Album. The album was released in 2024, and features eight songs by John McLaughlin, Zakir Hussain, Shankar Mahadevan, V Selvaganesh, and Ganesh Rajagopalan. The Grammy Awards are a series of awards that recognize outstanding achievements in the music industry.
11. Who has been appointed as the new Army Vice Chief?
A. Upendra Dwivedi
B. Baggavalli Somashekar Raju
C. Chandi Prasad Mohanty
D. Manoj Pande
- Lieutenant General Upendra Dwivedi has been strategically appointed as the Indian Army’s new Vice Chief, succeeding Lt Gen MV Suchindra Kumar. Dwivedi, with a distinguished career, held key positions like Deputy Chief and Director General of Infantry. Now Lt Gen Suchindra Kumar set to command the Northern Army in Udhampur.
12. What is the proposed interim budget for Jammu and Kashmir for the fiscal year 2024-25?
A. $12 billion
B. $14 billion
C. $11 billion
D. $16 billion
- India has unveiled an interim budget of $14 billion for Jammu and Kashmir, marking a significant commitment to the region’s economic development. The proposed budget of Rs 1.18 lakh crore ($14.16 billion) emphasizing India’s dedication to the growth and stability of Jammu and Kashmir.
13. Where was the first BIMSTEC Aquatics Championship organized?
C. New Delhi
D. Gandhi Nagar
- Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the 1st BIMSTEC Aquatics Championships 2024 in New Delhi, marking the first-time hosting of the event. He emphasized the collaboration of seven BIMSTEC countries, transforming the Bay of Bengal into a hub for progress and development. The four-day competition features swimming, water polo, and diving events for Under-20 athletes, with 39 medals and nine trophies at stake.