TNPSC Recruitment 2022 24 Assistant Professor of Psychology – Clinical Psychologist Posts
TNPSC Recruitment 2022 24 Assistant Professor of Psychology – Clinical Psychologist Posts: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invites Applications from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of Assistant Professor of Psychology–Clinical Psychologist included in the Tamil Nadu Medical Service. Applicants can check the complete details for the recruitment process including eligibility criteria, Application process, selection process and application fee from this post. Eligible candidates can apply through the official website till 14-12-2022. For more details on the job recruitment visit the official website and download the notification from the links given below.
Summary For Clinical Psychologist Posts TNPSC Recruitment 2022
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Job Category||Tamil Nadu Government Jobs|
|Notification||Advertisement No. 639 Notification No. 33/2022 Dated:15-11-2022|
|Post||Assistant Professor of Psychology – Clinical Psychologist Posts|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
Vacancy And Salary Details For Clinical Psychologist Posts TNPSC Recruitment 2022
TNPSC invites online application for the Clinical Psychologist Posts for the recruitment 2022. The post name with service code and number of vacancy is listed in the table below. The salary details for each post is also given in this section. Candidates can check the detailed vacancy distribution and other details from the official notification from the links given below.
|S. No||Post Name & Post Code||Service Name With Code||Number of Vacancy||Salary|
|1||Assistant Professor of Psychology-Clinical Psychologist (Post Code No. 1954)||Tamil Nadu Medical Service (Service Code No.048)||24||Rs.56,100 – 2,05,700 (Level 22) (Revised scale)|
Distribution of Vacancies For TNPSC Clinical Psychologist Posts 2022
The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable for this recruitment. Carried forward vacancies : 9
SC(G)-5; MBC/DC(G)-3; BC(M)(G)–1 And Regular Vacancies : 15
GT (G) : 03
GT (W) :02
GT (G)(DAP)(HH) : 01
BC(OBCM) (G) : 02
BC(OBCM) (W) : 02
MBC/DC (G) : 01
MBC/DC(G)(PSTM) : 01
MBC/DC (W) : 01
SC (G) )(PSTM) : 01
SC (W) : 01
Abbreviation: GT-General Turn; BC (OBCM)– Backward Classes (other than Backward Class Muslim); BC(M) – Backward Classes (Muslim); MBC/DC – Most Backward Classes/DE notified Communities; SC – Scheduled Castes; SC(A) – Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiar); G-General; W-Women; PSTM- Persons Studied in Tamil Medium.
Eligibility Criteria For Clinical Psychologist Posts TNPSC 2022
Candidates wish to apply for the Clinical Psychologist posts for TNPSC recruitment 2022 can check their eligibility criteria for the post in this section. Educational qualification, Age limit and all details needed to apply for the above posts are discussed in this section of the article.
Educational Qualification For Clinical Psychologist Posts TNPSC
- Applicants should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant: Must possess a degree of M.A or B.A (Hons) OR B.Sc (Hons) in Psychology or Post graduate diploma or degree in Clinical Psychology or a diploma in Clinical Psychology And
- A Post-graduate diploma in Medical and Social Psychology of the All India Institute of Mental Health, Bangalore or diploma in Medical and Social Psychology Part II of the Bangalore University or any other recognised university.
- The educational qualification prescribed for the posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the following order of studies: 10th + HSC or its equivalent + Bachelor’s Degree + P.G Degree as required. Results of the examination should have been declared on or before the date of notification.
Age Limit For Clinical Psychologist Posts -TNPSC Recruitment (As on 01-07-2022)
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all categories : No Maximum Age limit
- ‘Others’ [i.e. candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs] : 37 Years
- No maximum age limit shall mean that the applicants should not have completed 60 years of age either on the date of notification or at the time of selection /appointment to the post.
“Others” [i.e., Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs] who have put in five years and more of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
Relaxation in Age Limit For TNPSC Recruitment 2022
- Persons with Benchmark Disability: Eligible for age concession up to 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed.
- For Ex-servicemen (others): The maximum age limit for Ex-servicemen is 50 years. The above mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS : Applicants selected for appointment to the said posts will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed format enclosed with Annexure IV of the notification. The said Certificate should be submitted by the selected candidate to the Appointing Authority at the time of joining to the said post.
KNOWLEDGE IN TAMIL : Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
Application Fee For Clinical Psychologist Posts Recruitment TNPSC
- Registration Fee – For One Time Registration : Rs.150/-
- Examination Fee : Rs.200/-
- Applicants who have already registered in One Time online Registration system and are within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
- The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment, if they are not eligible for the concession as noted below.
- Examination fee is payable by online mode through Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card on or before the last date of submission of online application by choosing the option in the online application.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
Exam Fee Concessions For TNPSC Recruitment
One Time Registration is valid for five years from the date of registration. After completion of five years, the applicant must renew the One Time Registration by paying the fee prescribed. The One Time Registration is different from the application for the examination. An applicant should make an online application separately for each and every examination for which he intends to appear.
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||Full Exemption|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption|
|Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities||Three Free Chances|
|Backward Classes (Other than Muslim) / Backward Classes (Muslim)||Three Free Chances|
|Persons with Benchmark Disability||Full Exemption|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two Free Chances|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption|
Selection Process For Clinical Psychologist Posts TNPSC Recruitment 2022
TNPSC may follow the following process to select the candidates.
Objective Type (CBT Method)
Selection will be made in two successive stages Examination (Computer Based Test Method) and Oral Test in the shape of an interview. The final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the applicants at the CBT examination and oral test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Applicants appearance in the CBT examination and oral test is compulsory. The applicant who has not appeared for any of the subjects in the CBT examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures the minimum qualifying marks for selection.
CENTRES FOR EXAMINATION: Chennai 0101, Madurai 1001, Coimbatore 0201, Tirunelveli 2601
Exam Pattern For Clinical Psychologist Posts Recruitment 2022-TNPSC
- Answer sheets of Paper-I and Part B of Paper II of the candidates will not be evaluated, if the candidate does not secure minimum qualifying marks in Part-A of Paper-II.
- Only marks secured in Paper-I and Part-B of Paper-II will be considered for ranking.
- The questions in paper I and Part–B of Paper-II will be set both in Tamil and English.
- The candidate should appear for all the papers in the CBT examination for his / her answers to be evaluated and in case the candidate absents himself / herself for any of the papers, the papers attended will not be evaluated.
- If answers of a candidate for one paper is declared deemed not fit for valuation, the answers of the candidate for the remaining papers will not be evaluated.
- As per the orders issued in G.O.(Ms) No.49, Human Resources Management (M) Department, dated 23.05.2022, the differently abled candidates can avail exemption from writing Part-A in Paper- II (Objective Type) (Tamil Eligibility Test). Such candidates have to furnish the required details in the online application without fail. Subsequent claim will receive no attention. The candidates need to upload Disability Certificate as prescribed in G.O.
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|Paper –I||Subject Paper (PG Degree Standard)
Psychology (Code No.372 )
|Paper – II||Part-A
Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std)
|100||Minimum qualifying marks – 60 marks (40% of 150) Marks||3 Hours|
|Part-B (General Studies)
General studies (Degree standard) – 75
Aptitude and mental ability test (SSLC
standard) – 25 questions
|Interview And Records||60|
How To Apply For Assistant Professor of Psychology TNPSC Recruitment 2022
Step 2: Candidates must apply under One Time Registration system with valid email and phone number.
Step 3: Already registered applicants can login using the Unique ID and password.
Step 4: Applicants should select the name of the post for the required post.
Step 5: Fill the online application carefully.
Step 6: Online Application can be edited till the last date for submission of online application.
Step 7: Upload the required document as specified in the instructions.
Step 8: Pay the Application fee if applicable and note down the acknowledge number.
Step 9: Take print out of the final application form for future reference.
Step 10 : After the last date for submission of online application, the candidates are allowed to edit their online application during the Online Application Correction Window.
Important Links For TNPSC Recruitment Of Clinical Psychologist Posts
Official Website : www.tnpsc.gov.in
Notification PDF For TNPSC Recruitment – Assistant Professor of Psychology :Click Here
Last Date To Apply For Assistant Professor of Psychology -TNPSC 2022 : 14-12-2022
Application Correction Window Period : From 19-12-2022 12.01 A.M to 21-12-2022 11.59 P.M
Computer Based Exam Details For TNPSC Assistant Professor of Psychology 2022
|Paper I||Subject paper
(Post Graduate Degree Standard)
|14-03-2023||09.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.|
|Paper II||PART A-Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std)
PART B-General Studies (Degree Std)
|14-03-2023||02.30 P.M. to 05.30 P.M.|