TNPSC Recruitment 2023 40 Assistant Geologist Posts
TNPSC Recruitment 2023 40 Assistant Geologist Posts
TNPSC Recruitment 2023 40 Assistant Geologist Posts: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released a notification for the direct recruitment to the posts included in the Combined Geology Subordinate Service Examination. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to work with the Tamil Nadu government. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 25.05.2023 to 23.06.2023 through the official website of TNPSC.
Summary For Assistant Geologist Posts- TNPSC
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Job Category||Tamil Nadu Government Jobs|
|Notification||Advertisement No. 660 Notification No. 11/2023 Dated :25-05-2023|
|Posts||Assistant Geologist (Combined Geology Subordinate Service Examination) Posts|
|Number of Vacancy||40|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
Vacancy And Salary Details For Assistant Geologist Posts -TNPSC
TNPSC invites online application for the Assistant Geologist Posts included in the Combined Geology Subordinate Service Examination. The post name with service code and number of vacancy is listed in the table below. The salary details for each post is also given in this section. Candidates can check the detailed vacancy distribution and other details from the official notification from the links given below.
|S. No||Name of the Post and Post Code No.||Name of the Service and Service Code No.||Number of vacancies||Salary|
|1||Assistant Geologist in Ground water wing of Water Resources Department (Code No.1750)||Tamil Nadu Engineering Subordinate Service (Code No.029)||11||Rs.37,700 – 1,19,500
|2||Assistant Geologist in Geology and Mining Department (Post Code:1863)||Tamil Nadu Geology & Mining Subordinate Service (Code No:038)||29||Rs.37,700 – 1,19,500
Distribution of Vacancies For Assistant Geologist Posts TNPSC 2023
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable for this recruitment.
Assistant Geologist in Ground water wing of Water Resources Department
Assistant Geologist in Geology and Mining Department
Abbreviation: GT-General Turn; BC (OBCM)– Backward Classes (Other than Backward Class Muslim); BCM-Backward Classes Muslim; MBC/DC-Most Backward Classes/Denotified Communities; SC–Scheduled Castes; SC(A)-Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiar); G-General; W-Women; PSTM- Persons Studied in Tamil Medium; HH/HI – Hard of Hearing(with Assistive device)/Hearing Impaired
Eligibility Criteria For Assistant Geologist Posts- TNPSC
Candidates wish to apply for the Assistant Geologist for TNPSC recruitment 2023 can check their eligibility criteria for the post in this section. Educational qualification, Age limit and all details needed to apply for the above posts are discussed in this section of the article.
Educational Qualification For Assistant Geologist Posts -TNPSC (As on 25-05-2023)
- Applicants should possess the following or its Equivalent qualification as on the date of this Notification.
- Assistant Geologist in Ground water wing of Water Resources Department : Master of Science degree in Geology or Master of Science degree in applied Geology or Master of Science (Technology) in Hydrogeology of any University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- Assistant Geologist in Geology and Mining Department : Must possess M.Sc., degree in Geology of any
- * Other things being equal preference will be given to Candidates who possess practical experience in field work.
- * Assistant Geologist in Geology and Mining Department:-
Practical Experience in conducting Geological mapping, Mineral Reserve Estimation and preparation of Technical report for grant of Mining/Quarry lease.
When all other qualifications and criteria being equal, preference may be given to those who have at least one year experience as Assistant Geologist/ Geologist / equivalent post in
a. Offices of Director of Geology and Mining of other states.
b. Government of India Exploration agency Viz., Geological survey of India, Mineral Exploration Corporation of India, KIOCL, ONGC.
- The Post Graduate Degree qualification prescribed for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies, viz., SSLC+ HSC or its equivalent +UG Degree+ PG Degree from the recognised Institutions as required under Section 25 of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016.(Results of the Examination should have been declared on or before the date of this Notification).
- Candidates claiming Equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should submit evidence for Equivalence of qualification in the form of Government Order issued on or before the date of this Notification,failing which their application will be summarily rejected after due process. The Government Orders issued declaring Equivalence of prescribed qualification after the date of this Notification will not be accepted. A list of Equivalence of qualification in the related subject is available in Annexure-I to this Notification. (Refer also to the Disclaimer annexed to this Notification).
Age Limit For Assistant Geologist Posts -TNPSC Recruitment (As on 01-07-2023)
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all categories : Min 18 Years and No Maximum Age limit
- ‘Others’ [i.e. candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs] : Min 18 Years to Max 32* years
- “Others” [i.e., Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs] who have put in five years and more of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit.
- No maximum age limit shall mean that the applicants should not have completed 60 years of age either on the date of notification or at the time of selection /appointment to the post
Relaxation in Age Limit For TNPSC Recruitment 2023
- For Persons with Benchmark Disability(Others) : For the posts of Assistant Geologist in Geology and Mining Department: Persons with Benchmark Disability are eligible for age concession up to 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed above.
- For Ex-servicemen (Others) : The maximum age limit for Ex-servicemen is 50 years. The above mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS: Applicants selected for appointment to the said post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below. The model format is enclosed with Annexure-IV of the notification. The said Certificate should be submitted by the selected candidate to the Appointing Authority at the time of joining to the said post.
||Standard of Vision||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness|
|Assistant Geologist in
Ground water wing
of Water Resources
|Standard III or Better Colour blindness is considered as a disqualification for appointment to this post.||Form prescribed for Executive Posts|
|Assistant Geologist in
Geology and Mining
|Standard – III or Better||Form prescribed for Other than Executive and Ministerial Posts|
KNOWLEDGE IN TAMIL : Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
Application Fee For Assistant Geologist Posts -TNPSC
- Registration Fee – For One Time Registration : Rs.150/-
- Examination Fee : Rs. 150/-
- Applicants who have already registered in One Time online Registration system and are within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
- The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment, if they are not eligible for the concession as noted below.
- Examination fee is payable by online mode through Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card on or before the last date of submission of online application by choosing the option in the online application.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
Exam Fee Concessions For TNPSC Recruitment
One Time Registration is valid for five years from the date of registration. After completion of five years, the applicant must renew the One Time Registration by paying the fee prescribed. The One Time Registration is different from the application for the examination. An applicant should make an online application separately for each and every examination for which he intends to appear.
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||Full Exemption|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption|
|Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities||Three Free Chances|
|Backward Classes (Other than Muslim) / Backward Classes (Muslim)||Three Free Chances|
|Persons with Benchmark Disability||Full Exemption|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two Free Chances|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption|
Selection Process For Assistant Geologist Posts -TNPSC Recruitment 2023
TNPSC may follow the following process to select the candidates.
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., Written Examination and Oral Test in the form of an interview. Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointment. Candidate’s appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and in the Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test. Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination, the tentative list of eligible candidates for Certificate Verification will be announced in the Commission’s website. After verification of the original certificates, the eligible candidates will be summoned for Oral Test following the rule of reservation of appointment.
The CBT Examination will be held at 4 district centres: Chennai -0101, Madurai -1001, Coimbatore -0201, Tirunelveli-2601.
Exam Pattern For Assistant Geologist Posts -TNPSC
- Answer sheets of Paper-I and Part B of Paper II of the candidates will be evaluated, only if the candidates secure minimum qualifying marks in Part- A of Paper-II.
- Marks secured in Paper-I and Part-B of Paper-II will only be considered for ranking.
- The questions in Paper – I will be set in English only and questions for Part B in Paper – II will be set both in English and Tamil.
- The candidate should appear for all the papers in the CBT Method examination for his / her answers to be evaluated and in case the candidate absents himself / herself for any of the papers, the papers attended will not be evaluated.
- If answers of a candidate for one paper is declared deemed not fit for valuation, the answers of the candidate for the remaining papers will not be evaluated.
- As per the orders issued in G.O.(Ms) No.49, Human Resources Management (M) Department, dated 23.05.2022, the differently abled candidates can avail exemption from writing Part-A in Paper-II (Objective Type) (Tamil Eligibility Test). Such candidates have to furnish the required details in the online application without fail. Subsequent claim will receive no attention.
- Instructions to the candidates who are claiming exemption for Tamil Eligibility Test
- As per the orders issued in G.O. (Ms.) No.49, Human Resource Management (M) Department, dated 23.05.2022, read along with G.O. Ms.No.8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021, the differently-abled candidates who are even below the 40% of disability can also avail the exemptions from writing Tamil Eligibility Test i.e., Part-A in Paper-II of examination if they have claimed such exemptions in their online application.
- The candidates who have been exempted to write Tamil Eligibility Test shall be allowed to write only General Studies Paper i.e. Part-B in Paper-II.
- Part-A of Paper-II Tamil Eligibility Test shall contain 100 questions from 1 to 100. Part-B of Paper-II the General Studies paper contains 100 questions from 101 to 200 and time duration to write each part of the said examination shall be given 1 Hour and 30 minutes.
- All the exempted candidates with disability who have physical limitation with regard to writing, including that of speed and not availing the services of a scribe shall also be allowed compensatory time of a minimum of thirty minutes for an examination of one and a half hours (1 Hour and 30 minutes.) duration in the General Studies paper as per G.O.Ms.No.8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021.
- The said exempted candidates must also enter into the examination hall in the A.N. session half an hour before the commencement of examination (i.e. till 1.30 P.M)
- In the case of OMR method of examination, they shall be allowed to write the examination from 2.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M., and in the case of CBT method, they shall be allowed to write the examination from 2.30 P.M.
to 4.30 P.M. All the candidates are permitted to leave the examination hall only after the closure of examination even though they are exempted to write Tamil Eligibility Test.
- The disability certificate as prescribed in the Appendix to G.O. (Ms.) No.8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021, should be obtained from the competent authority (viz. Chief Medical Officer / Civil Surgeon / Medical Superintendent /Notified Medical Authority of a Government Health Care Institution) and it has to be produced / uploaded along with the online application failing which, the application of the candidate (who claims exemption from Tamil Eligibility Test) will be rejected after due process
- The exemption from Tamil Eligibility Test, Compensatory time and scribe will be provided only if the candidates have made such claims in their online application and uploaded the Medical Certificate as prescribed in Appendix to the G.O. (Ms.) No. 8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|Paper –I||PG Degree Standard
Geology (Code No.395)
|Paper – II||Part-A
Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std)
|100||Minimum qualifying marks – 60 marks (40% of 150) Marks||3 Hours|
|Part-B (General Studies)
General studies (Degree standard) -75
questions And Aptitude and mental ability test (SSLC standard) – 25 questions
|Interview and Records||60|
How To Apply For Assistant Geologist Posts- TNPSC 2023
Step 1 : Applicants should apply only through online mode in the Commission’s websites www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.in
Step 2: Candidates must apply under One Time Registration system with valid email and phone number.
Step 3: Already registered applicants can login using the Unique ID and password.
Step 4: Applicants should select the name of the post for the required post.
Step 5: Fill the online application carefully.
Step 6: Online Application can be edited till the last date for submission of online application.
Step 7: Upload the required document as specified in the instructions.
Step 8: Pay the Application fee if applicable and note down the acknowledge number.
Step 9: Take print out of the final application form for future reference.
Step 10 : After the last date for submission of online application, the candidates are allowed to edit their online application during the Online Application Correction Window.
Important Links For TNPSC Recruitment Of Assistant Geologist Posts
Official Website : www.tnpsc.gov.in
Notification PDF For TNPSC Recruitment – Assistant Geologist Posts : TNPSC Assistant Geologist Recruitment 2023
Last Date To Apply For Assistant Geologist Posts -TNPSC 2022 : 23-06-2023
Application Correction Window Period : From 28-06-2023,12.01 A.M to 30-06-2023,11.59 P.M
Computer Based Exam Details For TNPSC Assistant Geologist Posts 2023
|Paper I||Subject Paper(PG Degree Standard)||18-08-2023||09.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.|
|Paper II||PART A-Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std) And
PART B-General Studies (Degree Std)
|18-08-2023||02.30 P.M. to 05.30 P.M.|
In conclusion, TNPSC has announced the recruitment of 40 Assistant Geologist Posts posts for the year 2023. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online through the official website of TNPSC from 25.05.2023 to 23.06.2023. It is advised that interested candidates go through the official notification carefully and follow the instructions provided while filling the online application form. The important dates and links for the recruitment are available on the official website of TNPSC.
Overall, the TNPSC Assistant Geologist Posts recruitment 2023 is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are seeking a government job in Tamil Nadu and have the required qualifications and experience.