TNPSC Recruitment 2023 52 Accounts Officer Posts
TNPSC Recruitment 2023 52 Accounts Officer Posts : Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released a notification for from eligible candidates only through online mode up to 08.12.2023 for direct recruitment to the posts included in Combined Accounts Services Examination in Tamil Nadu State Treasuries and Accounts Service and in various Boards / Corporations. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to work with the Tamil Nadu government. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 09.11.2023 to 08.12.2023 through the official website of TNPSC.
Summary For Accounts Officer Posts- TNPSC
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Job Category||Tamil Nadu Government Jobs|
|Notification||Advertisement No. 674 Notification No. 25/2023 Dated : 09-11-2023|
|Posts||Combined Accounts Services Examination 2023 – Accounts Officer Class – III, Accounts Officer, Manager – Grade III (Finance), Senior Officer (Finance), Manager (Finance Posts)|
|Number of Vacancy||52|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
Vacancy And Salary Details For Accounts Officer Posts -TNPSC
TNPSC invites online application for the for direct recruitment to the posts included in Combined Accounts Services Examination in Tamil Nadu State Treasuries and Accounts Service and in various Boards / Corporations. The post name with service code and number of vacancy is listed in the table below. The salary details for each post is also given in this section. Candidates can check the detailed vacancy distribution and other details from the official notification from the links given below.
|S. No||Name of the Post and Post Code No.||Name of the Service and Service Code No.||Number of vacancies||Salary|
|1||Accounts Officer Class – III (Post Code No. 2093)||Tamil Nadu State Treasuries and Accounts Service (Service Code No.062)||07*C/F||Rs.56,900 – 2,09,200 (Level 23)|
|2||Accounts Officer (Post Code No.3299)||Tamil Nadu Medical Services Corporation limited (Service Code No.134)||01||Rs.56,900 – 2,09,200 (Level 23)|
|3||Manager – Grade III (Finance) (Post Code No. 3301)||Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation limited (Service Code No.127)||04||Rs.56,900 – 2,09,200 (Level 23)|
|4||Senior Officer (Finance) (Post Code No.3302)||Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation limited (Service Code No.127)||27||Rs.56,100 – 2,05,700 (Level 22)|
|5||Manager (Finance) Post Code No.3300)||Tamil Nadu Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Limited (Service Code No.125)||13||Rs.37700 – 1,38,500 (Level 20)|
Distribution of Vacancies For Accounts Officer Posts TNPSC
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable for this recruitment.
- Post of Accounts Officer Class – III in Treasuries and Accounts Service
Carried forward vacancy: 7 – GT (G) (HH) – 1 ; SC (G) – 6
- Post of Accounts Officer in Tamil Nadu Medical Service Corporation Limited
Current Vacancies: 01 – GT (G) – 1GT (G)-01
- Post of Manager – Grade III (Finance) in Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation Limited
Current Vacancies: 04
- Post of Senior Officer (Finance) in Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation Limited
Current Vacancies: 27
GT (LV) -01
GT (PSTM) -01
GT (W) -02
BC (G) -04
BC (PSTM) -01
BC (W) -02
MBC/DC (G) -02
MBC/DC (PSTM) -01
MBC/DC (W) -02
SC (G) -02
SC (PSTM) -01
SC (A)(W)(PSTM) -01
- Post of Manager (Finance) in Tamil Nadu Cooperative Milk Producers Limited
Current Vacancies: 13 2
GT (W) -01
GT (LV) -01
BC (G)- 02
BC (W) -01
MBC/DC (G) -01
MBC/DC (PSTM) -01
MBC/DC (W) -01
SC (G) -01
SC (PSTM) -01
SC (W) -01
Abbreviation: GT-General Turn; BC (OBCM)– Backward Classes (Other than Backward Class Muslim); BCM-Backward Classes Muslim; MBC/DC-Most Backward Classes/Denotified Communities; SC–Scheduled Castes; SC(A)-Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiar); G-General; W-Women; PSTM- Persons Studied in Tamil Medium; HH/HI – Hard of Hearing(with Assistive device)/Hearing Impaired
Eligibility Criteria For Accounts Officer Posts – TNPSC
Candidates wish to apply for the Accounts Officer Posts for TNPSC recruitment 2023 can check their eligibility criteria for the post in this section. Educational qualification, Age limit and all details needed to apply for the above posts are discussed in this section of the article.
Educational Qualification For Accounts Officer Posts -TNPSC (As on 09-11-2023)
- Accounts Officer Class – III included in Tamil Nadu State Treasuries and Accounts Service – Must have passed the Final Examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA) / Cost Accountants (ICWA)
- Accounts Officer in Tamil Nadu Medical Service Corporation – Must have passed the Final Examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost Accountants of India / ICWA Course i.e., Must have passed the final examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost Accountants of India or its equivalent.
- Manager – Grade III (Finance) and – CA /ICWA
- Senior Officer (Finance) in Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation limited – CA /ICWA
- Manager (Finance) – Must possess any degree with C.A inter / ICWA (CMA) inter.
- The educational qualification prescribed for the posts should have been obtained after passing 10+2. The Results of the examination should have been declared on or before the date of notification.
- Candidates claiming Equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should submit evidence for Equivalence of qualification in the form of Government Order issued on or before the date of this Notification,failing which their application will be summarily rejected after due process. The Government Orders issued declaring Equivalence of prescribed qualification after the date of this Notification will not be accepted. A list of Equivalence of qualification in the related subject is available in Annexure-I to this Notification. (Refer also to the Disclaimer annexed to this Notification).
Age Limit For Accounts Officer Posts -TNPSC Recruitment (As on 01-07-2023)
- SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all categories : No Maximum Age limit
- ‘Others’ [i.e. candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs] : * 32 years ( Should not have completed). @37 years in case of persons who are in regular service under the Government of Tamil Nadu ( Should not have completed).
- @ For the post of Accounts Officer Class – III included in Tamil Nadu State Treasuries and Accounts Service.
Relaxation in Age Limit For TNPSC Recruitment 2023
- For Persons with Benchmark Disability(Others) : No maximum age limit for Differently Abled Persons applicants belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC/DCs, BC(OBCM)s,BC(M)s]. “Others” not belonging to any of the categories mentioned in (a) above are eligible for age concession up to 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed for this post. (Section 64 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016 and as per Para 5D of “Instructions to Applicants”)
- For Ex-servicemen (Others) : No maximum age limit for Ex-Servicemen applicants belonging to SCs, SC(A)s,
STs, MBC/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BC(M)s]. The maximum age limit is 50 years (48+2) for “Others” (i.e.) applicants not belonging to any of the categories mentioned in (a) above. The above mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS: Applicants selected for appointment to the said post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below. The model format is enclosed with Annexure-III of the notification. The said Certificate should be submitted by the selected candidate to the Appointing Authority at the time of joining to the said post.
|Standard of Vision||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness|
|Standard III or Better||Form prescribed for Executive Posts|
KNOWLEDGE IN TAMIL : Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
Application Fee For Accounts Officer Posts -TNPSC
- Registration Fee – For One Time Registration : Rs.150/-
- Examination Fee : Rs. 200/-
- Applicants who have already registered in One Time online Registration system and are within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
- The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment, if they are not eligible for the concession as noted below.
- Examination fee is payable by online mode through Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card on or before the last date of submission of online application by choosing the option in the online application.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
Exam Fee Concessions For TNPSC Recruitment
One Time Registration is valid for five years from the date of registration. After completion of five years, the applicant must renew the One Time Registration by paying the fee prescribed. The One Time Registration is different from the application for the examination. An applicant should make an online application separately for each and every examination for which he intends to appear.
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||Full Exemption|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption|
|Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities||Three Free Chances|
|Backward Classes (Other than Muslim) / Backward Classes (Muslim)||Three Free Chances|
|Persons with Benchmark Disability||Full Exemption|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two Free Chances|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption|
Selection Process For Accounts Officer Posts -TNPSC Recruitment 2023
TNPSC may follow the following process to select the candidates.
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Examination (Computer Based Test Method) and (ii) Oral Test in the shape of an interview. The final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the applicants at the CBT examination and oral test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Applicants’ appearance in the CBT examination and oral test is compulsory. The applicant who has not appeared for any of the subjects in the CBT examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection,
even if he/she secures the minimum qualifying marks for selection.
The CBT Examination centres: Chennai -0101, Madurai -1001, Coimbatore -0201
Exam Pattern For Accounts Officer Posts -TNPSC
- Answer sheets of Paper-I and Part B of Paper II of the candidates will be evaluated, only if the candidates secure minimum qualifying marks in Part- A of Paper-II.
- Marks secured in Paper-I and Part-B of Paper-II will only be considered for ranking.
- The questions in Paper – I will be set in English only and questions for Part B in Paper – II will be set both in English and Tamil.
- The candidate should appear for all the papers in the CBT Method examination for his / her answers to be evaluated and in case the candidate absents himself / herself for any of the papers, the papers attended will not be evaluated.
- If answers of a candidate for one paper is declared deemed not fit for valuation, the answers of the candidate for the remaining papers will not be evaluated.
- As per the orders issued in G.O.(Ms) No.49, Human Resources Management (M) Department, dated 23.05.2022, the differently abled candidates can avail exemption from writing Part-A in Paper-II (Objective Type) (Tamil Eligibility Test). Such candidates have to furnish the required details in the online application without fail. Subsequent claim will receive no attention.
- Instructions to the candidates who are claiming exemption for Tamil Eligibility Test
- As per the orders issued in G.O. (Ms.) No.49, Human Resource Management (M) Department, dated 23.05.2022, read along with G.O. Ms.No.8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021, the differently-abled candidates who are even below the 40% of disability can also avail the exemptions from writing Tamil Eligibility Test i.e., Part-A in Paper-II of examination if they have claimed such exemptions in their online application.
- The candidates who have been exempted to write Tamil Eligibility Test shall be allowed to write only General Studies Paper i.e. Part-B in Paper-II.
- Part-A of Paper-II Tamil Eligibility Test shall contain 100 questions from 1 to 100. Part-B of Paper-II the General Studies paper contains 100 questions from 101 to 200 and time duration to write each part of the said examination shall be given 1 Hour and 30 minutes.
- All the exempted candidates with disability who have physical limitation with regard to writing, including that of speed and not availing the services of a scribe shall also be allowed compensatory time of a minimum of thirty minutes for an examination of one and a half hours (1 Hour and 30 minutes.) duration in the General Studies paper as per G.O.Ms.No.8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021.
- The said exempted candidates must also enter into the examination hall in the A.N. session half an hour before the commencement of examination (i.e. till 1.30 P.M)
- In the case of OMR method of examination, they shall be allowed to write the examination from 2.00 P.M. to 4.00 P.M., and in the case of CBT method, they shall be allowed to write the examination from 2.30 P.M.
to 4.30 P.M. All the candidates are permitted to leave the examination hall only after the closure of examination even though they are exempted to write Tamil Eligibility Test.
- The disability certificate as prescribed in the Appendix to G.O. (Ms.) No.8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021, should be obtained from the competent authority (viz. Chief Medical Officer / Civil Surgeon / Medical Superintendent /Notified Medical Authority of a Government Health Care Institution) and it has to be produced / uploaded along with the online application failing which, the application of the candidate (who claims exemption from Tamil Eligibility Test) will be rejected after due process
- The exemption from Tamil Eligibility Test, Compensatory time and scribe will be provided only if the candidates have made such claims in their online application and uploaded the Medical Certificate as prescribed in Appendix to the G.O. (Ms.) No. 8, Welfare of Differently Abled Persons (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 21.09.2021
||Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|For the Posts mentioned against S.Nos. 1 to 4||Paper –I||PG Degree standard
Financial Cost Accountancy
|For the Post mentioned against S.No. 5||Paper–I||Intermediate standard)
Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
Cost Accounting Taxation and other Laws
(Intermediate standard) (Code No.433)
|FOR ALL POSTS
||Paper – II||Part-A
Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std)
|100||Minimum qualifying marks – 60 marks (40% of 150) Marks||3 Hours|
|Part-B (General Studies)
General studies (Degree standard) -75
questions And Aptitude and Mental ability test (SSLC standard) – 25 questions
|Interview and Records
How To Apply For Accounts Officer Posts – TNPSC 2023
Step 2: Candidates must apply under One Time Registration system with valid email and phone number.
Step 3: Already registered applicants can login using the Unique ID and password.
Step 4: Applicants should select the name of the post for the required post.
Step 5: Fill the online application carefully.
Step 6: Online Application can be edited till the last date for submission of online application.
Step 7: Upload the required document as specified in the instructions.
Step 8: Pay the Application fee if applicable and note down the acknowledge number.
Step 9: Take print out of the final application form for future reference.
Step 10 : After the last date for submission of online application, the candidates are allowed to edit their online application during the Online Application Correction Window.
Important Links For TNPSC Recruitment Of Accounts Officer Posts
Official Website : www.tnpsc.gov.in
Notification PDF For TNPSC Recruitment – Accounts Officer Posts : TNPSC Accounts Officer Posts Recruitment
Last Date To Apply For Accounts Officer Posts -TNPSC 2022 : 09-11-2023
Application Correction Window Period : From 13-12-2023,12.01 A.M to 15-12-2023,11.59 P.M
Computer Based Exam Details For TNPSC Accounts Officer Posts-2023
|For the post mentioned against
S.No.1, 2, 3 and 4
|Paper I||Financial Cost Accountancy
(PG Degree Standard)
|05-02-2024||09.30 A.M. to 11.00 P.M.|
|For post against S.No. 5||Paper I||Fundamentals of Financial
Accounting Cost Accounting
Taxation and other Laws
|06-02-2024||09.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.|
|For the Posts against S.No.1 to 5||Paper II||PART A-Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Std) And
PART B-General Studies (Degree Std)
|05-02-2024||02.30 P.M. to 05.30 P.M.|
In conclusion, TNPSC has announced the recruitment of 52 Accounts Officer Posts Posts for the year 2023. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online through the official website of TNPSC from 09.11.2023 to 08.12.2023. It is advised that interested candidates go through the official notification carefully and follow the instructions provided while filling the online application form. The important dates and links for the recruitment are available on the official website of TNPSC.
Overall, the TNPSC Assistant Geologist Posts recruitment 2023 is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are seeking a government job in Tamil Nadu and have the required qualifications and experience.