UPSC Question Paper 2018 Download Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 General Studies Paper 1 Question
UPSC or the Union Public Service Commission is one of the nationwide commission which is been established by the Government of India. the main motive of this commission is to conduct civil service exams and select suitable candidates for various civil service posts. Through this commission many talent young candidates are getting into the government posts. The UPSC exams take incharge for conducting civil service exams such as IAS (Indian Administrative Service), IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IPS (Indian Police Service).
This exam is considered to be the most difficult exam that is been conducted in India. Every year on an average 9,00,000 to 10,00,000 candidates appear for this exam and only very few hundred candidates gets selected for the post. Here, today we are coming with the details on the UPSC Question Paper 2018 Download Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 General Studies Paper 1 Question. So have patience and go through the entire page for the exact information on this.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018
UPSC or the Civil Service exams is one of the prestigious service exam in Government of India. Just imagine! Wouldn`t be really a pleasure to serve or rule area/city and give command over the people. Yes, it is! That’s why many of the educated young people dream of passing this UPSC exam. To clear this exam all that is needed for the candidates is just dedication, hard work and high effort. The civil service exams are of three stages,
- Stage I: Preliminary examination – A qualifying test advertised in Feb-March and held in June–July each year. Results are published in mid-August.
- Stage II: Main examination – Held in October every year.
- Stage III: Personality Test (interview) – held in March each year. Final results are usually announced in May .
- The training program for the selected candidates usually commences the following September.
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 Question Paper Details
The UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 question papers are been created by the government which will be based on the economy and surrounding of us. Its not a complicated one as it just involves question which is happening around you. The question paper will be created in such a way that all the questions involved in it will give you a short test your mental ability and thinking skills. So it is advised for the candidates to read newspaper, government policies and programs. The UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 Question paper 1 will be of subjects that will be general and the candidates should have basic English knowledge to clear it.
Question for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018
The following are the expected areas for questions for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and Social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate change-that donot require subject specialization
- General science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation)
Tricks for clearing UPSC Civil Exam 2018 Prelims
- The questions in the UPSC Prelims exams are objective type also called as multiple choice questions.
- There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam. There is a penalty of 33% marks or 0.83 marks for every wrong answer. Though decision making and problem solving section doesn’t have negative marking.
- Since 2013, it’s for the first time the Indian Forest Service (IFS) aspirants are combined with the Civil Services candidates to take the Preliminary examination. The aspirants who may clear the Preliminary exam have to separately write the Mains exams for Indian Forest Service.
- Blind candidates are allowed extra time of 20 mins for each paper.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation.
- Based on the marks obtained in prelims the candidates will be selected for main exam.
|Name of the Organization||UPSC|
|Name of Post||Civil Service|
|Number of Post||Varies|
|Starting date of application||Started|
Steps for downloading the UPSC Civil Exam 2018 Prelims Question Paper
- Log on to the website upsc.gov.in
- Search for UPSC Exam details
- See for UPSC Civil Exam 2018 Prelims Link.
- Download the previous year question paper
- Take a print of it
- Use it for studying purpose.