IISC Recruitment 2022 14 Project Trainee Posts
IISC Recruitment 2021
The Indian Institute Of Science ( IISC) is calling out the candidates to apply for the Library & Information Management (LIM) Project Trainee, Electronic Resource Management (ERM) Project Trainee Posts. Eligible and willing Candidates are to send their applications online in the link provided. The application dates from 02.12.2021 to 14.12.2021
Recruitment Board : Indian Institute Of Science ( IISC)
Post Name : Library & Information Management (LIM) Project Trainee, Electronic Resource Management (ERM) Project Trainee Posts
• Library & Information Management (LIM) Project Trainee : 13 Posts
• Electronic Resource Management (ERM) Project Trainee : 02 Posts
• Total : 14 Posts
Age limit :
• 30 Years
Educational qualification :
1.Library & Information Management (LIM) Project Trainee :
• A Bachelors’ Degree in any discipline followed by M.L.I.Sc or Master of Science in Library & Information Science (MSLIS) or its equivalent (Graduated in the year 2020 and 2021 only). The applicants should have secured a minimum of Second Class or its equivalent in the basic academic degree and First Class or equivalent in the professional degree as declared by the University. SC/ST applicants with a pass class will also be considered. Areas of Training: The Library and Information Management Programme provides an opportunity to work and learn the practical and functional Library and Information activities which include various library operations such as acquisition of content (both print and Digital), Classification, Cataloguing & Organization of Information Resources, Document Delivery Services, Digital Information Services, Research Support Services, Processing of research publications, Information Systems, Design & Development of Information Systems and Services, Web based Information Services etc. They are expected to work in various aspects of Digital Library, Innovative Research Information Support Services, Knowledge Organization and Management by using state of the technologies and systems.
2. Electronic Resource Management (ERM) Project Trainee :
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in Computer Science or Electronics or Information Technology or Master’s degree in Computer Applications with First Class or equivalent as declared by the University. SC/ST applicants with a pass class will also be considered.
Areas of Training:
• The Electronic Resource Management is a unique Programme and provides an opportunity to work in the areas of Digital Library, Database design, development, and management. Provides exposure to networking and server administration, maintenance of all Computers and peripherals, attending to hardware & software problems including LibSys (software used for Management of inhouse operations) other content and digital library platforms such as ePrints, D space, WordPress, Drupal, Koha etc.
Application Start Date : 02.12.2021
Application End Date : 14.12.2021
Notification pdf download :