Tnpsc Agriculture Officer Recruitment 2021 Tnpsc AO Syllabus Exam Pattern Pdf
TNPSC AO recruitment 2021: Tamilnadu public service commission( TNPSC) is planning to release notification in the department of agriculture in February. Aspirants who are eagerly waiting and interested for this recruitment are invited to apply online for this post. The notification for TNPSC agriculture officer (extension) is set to be updated soon in the official website www.tnpsc.gov.in .We have brought to you the entire notification details, age limit, exam pattern, selection procedure, salary, how to apply, educational qualification, syllabus pdf etc.. Go through this entire page for all the information regarding this recruitment and also study materials.
Post name: TNPSC AGRICULTURE OFFICER EXTENSION ( code no: 1678)
Department: Tamilnadu agricultural extension services ( code no : 018)
Job location: Tamilnadu
Application mode: Online
Application date: 05.02.2021 to 04.03.2021
Vacancies: 365 Agricultural Officer
TNPSC agriculture officer (extension) eligibility 2021:
For the post of Tamilnadu agriculture officer( extension), Tnpsc has set an eligibility criteria and educational qualification to apply for this post. Students are advised to read the notification entirely and apply only if they meet the eligibility standard.
- Must possess a B.Sc. degree in agriculture from government of Tamilnadu institutions ( or) any institute under commissioner of agriculture ( or) any government affiliated institute.
- Candidates should have acquired this bachelor’s degree after completion of 10th , 12th or equivalent followed by an UG degree.
Adequate knowledge of Tamil:
Aspirant’s who are interested to apply for the post are to acquire adequate knowledge in Tamil. They should have passed the subject Tamil in any of their academic year.
TNPSC AO (extension) salary 2021:
The Tamilnadu agriculture officer ( extension) post will be paid a monthly salary of Rs. 37,700/- to Rs. 1,19,500/- ( level 20). This revised salary is effective from the year 2017.
TNPSC AO age limit 2021:
The Tamilnadu public service commission has set an age limit for candidates willing to apply for the recruitment. The age limit according to their belonging category are as follows:
- SC/ SC(A), ST, MBC,DC(S), BC( OBCM),BCM,DESTITUTE WIDOW OF ALL CATEGORIES:
Maximum age limit : No age limit
- Others (not belonging to SC/ SC(A), ST, MBC,DC(S), BC,BCM,DESTITUTE WIDOWS)
Maximum age limit :
- Should not have completed 30 years in the case of an UG holder i.e. B.Sc.
- Should not have completed 32 years in the case of a PG holder i.e. M.Sc.
No age limit is certainly the extreme of not more than 58 years of age as on the notification date.
TNPSC Agricultural Officer (extension) selection procedure 2021:
The Tamilnadu public service commission ( TNPSC) follows a selection procedure to select the candidates for the post. The following are the steps in which a candidate is selected as agriculture officer :
- Written examination : 500 marks
- Interview : 70 marks
- Final result
Students will be invited by an admit card to attend the written examination, based on which the candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Questions will be in both English and Tamil. The written examination comprises of two sections as follows:
- PAPER I : 300 marks
- PAPER II : 200 marks
TOTAL : 500 marks
This paper I is truly based on the degree standard. This will be an objective type of examination for 300 marks. The subject Agriculture ( code no : 284) will play a predominant role in the written exam. This paper contributes 200 questions which is a majority part in the question paper. Students are to prepare well for this section. The time duration for this exam is 3 hours.
Paper II( code no : 003) is also an objective type exam for 200 marks for a time duration of 2 hours. This part takes place as 100 questions. This exam based on the two topics:
- General studies ( HSC STANDARD) :
It contributes 75 questions .
- Aptitude and mental ability ( SSLC STANDARD):
It contributes 25 questions.
Total 100 questions
TNPSC AO qualifying marks 2021:
|CATEGORY||TOTAL MARKS||CUT OFF MARKS|
|SC/ SC(A), ST, MBC,DC(S), BC,BCM( OBCM)||570||171|
TNPSC AO ( extension ) Interview 2021:
Students will be shortlisted for the interview based upon the marks they secure in the written examination. They will be provided with an admit card or hall ticket to attend the interview. Students who have passed the examination are asked to attend interview without fail.
Tnpsc agriculture officer( extension) examination syllabus 2021:
The syllabus for the written examination for both PAPER I and PAPER II are as follows;-
- Importance of agriculture
- Fundamentals of crop production
- Natural resource management
- Crop management and allied agriculture activities
- Crop improvement
- Seed science technology
- Crop protection: principles and practices
- Farm business and finance management
- Agricultural marketing and market intelligence
- Agriculture extension: principles and methods
- General science
- Current events
- History and culture of India and Tamilnadu
- Indian polity
- Indian economy
- Indian National movement
- Aptitude and mental ability
TNPSC AO ( extension) examination fees 2021:
Students who are interested to apply for this post , kindly look into the notification for fees details and also information about fees exempted categories.
- Registration fees : Rs. 150/-
- Examination fees : Rs. 200/-
- Students who have already registered in one time registration ( OTR) need not pay the registration fees.
- Candidates belonging to SC,SC(A) , ST , DISABLED PERSONS, DESTITUTE WIDOWS are fully exempted from examination fees.
TNPSC assistant agriculture officer examination center 2021:
The following are the list of examination centers where students are asked to attend the written examination. Students are advised to select a examination center which will be of their utmost convenience.
|Examination center||Centre code|
TNPSC agriculture officer ( extension) in agriculture department physical fitness form 2021:
Candidates who are selected for this recruitment for the post of agriculture officer ( extension) should produce a physical fitness form in the prescribed format at the time of certificate verification. The standard of vision should be STD III or better.
- Colour blindness will be a disqualification.
TNPSC AO ( extension) application form 2021:
How to apply?
Following are the steps, an aspirant should follow while applying for this post:-
1. Visit the www.tnpsc.gov.in website and search for the notification of assistant agriculture ( extension) officer notification 2021.
2. Click on apply online.
3. Login with your login id & password given to you at the time of registration.
4. If not registered , register yourselves in one time registration ( OTR) and then start applying.
5. Start entering the details carefully and submit the required documents.
6. Submit your online application form after previewing it.
7. Make your online payment as mentioned in the notification.
8. Take a print out for your future reference.
TNPSC AO recruitment important dates 2021:
Notification date : 05.02.2021
Application start date : 05.02.2021
Application end date : 06.03.2021
TNPSC Agricultural Officer (Extension) Previous Papers PDF Downloading Links:
For further queries and details, kindly visit the official website www.tnpsc.gov.in. For any clarifications and doubts, call the Tamilnadu public service commission in person to 044- 25332833/ 044- 25332855. You can also drop your question to the mail id firstname.lastname@example.org
WINMEEN works for you in the best way to provide study materials and mock test. Visit our website for every month current affairs and general science study materials. You can also practice mock tests along with it.
ALL THE VERY BEST!!!