1. India procured ‘S-400 air defence missile squadron’ from which country?
C. Russia 🗹
- The Indian Air Force has successfully operationalized three of its S-400 air defense missile squadrons along its borders with China and Pakistan. In 2018-19, India agreed with Russia to procure S-400 missiles worth 35,000 crore. Out of five squadrons that were to be delivered, three were delivered.
2. Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project (KMTTP) aims to connect Kolkata Seaport with which country?
B. Myanmar 🗹
- Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Project (KMTTP) aims to connect the seaport of Kolkata with Sittwe seaport in Rakhine State, Myanmar by sea. It also includes Inland Water Transport between Sittwe to River Kaladan. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari announced that a cross-border road, part of the ambitious Kaladan Project, which connects South Mizoram’s Lawngtlai district with Myanmar’s Sittwe port, is on track to be completed by November of this year.
3. Which institution regulates the Co-operative banks in India?
A. RBI 🗹
C. Ministry of Cooperation
D. NITI Aayog
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that District Central Co-operative Banks now have the authority to close their unremunerative branches without the necessity for prior permission from the reserve bank of india. However, approval from the Registrar of Cooperative Societies in the respective state will still be required. The cooperative banks were brought under the regulatory framework of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in 2020.
4. Which country is associated with ‘Integral Field Ultraviolet Spectroscope Experiment (INFUSE)’?
A. USA 🗹
- NASA conducted a sounding rocket mission known as the Integral Field Ultraviolet Spectroscope Experiment (INFUSE). This mission was launched from the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico with the aim of studying a stellar event within the Cygnus Loop, a supernova remnant that occurred approximately 20,000 years ago.
5. With reference to Indian military, what is ‘Prachand’?
B. Light Combat Helicopter 🗹
C. Anti-ship missile
- The Indian Army’s Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), known as ‘Prachand,’ has achieved a significant milestone by successfully conducting live firing exercises with 70mm rockets. These exercises were conducted in both day and night conditions at a firing range located near Likabali in Assam, showcasing the LCH’s capabilities and versatility.
6. ‘New Bhandu-New Sanand section’, which was recently inaugurated, is a part of which Freight Corridor?
A. Central Dedicated Freight Corridor
B. Western Dedicated Freight Corridor 🗹
C. Southern Dedicated Freight Corridor
D. Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor
- Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 77-kilometer New Bhandu-New Sanand section of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor. This infrastructure development will expedite the transportation of goods from ports and manufacturing hubs in the region. This initiative has resulted in the relocation of sixty goods trains that previously utilized passenger rail routes to the freight corridor.
7. Which North-East institution received a 5G Laboratory from the Government of India?
A. NIT Mizoram 🗹 B. North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology
C. NIT Sikkim D. North East Institute of Management and Technology
- The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Mizoram has received a 5G Laboratory from the Government of India. The primary objectives of this 5G Lab at NIT Mizoram will be to develop competencies and advance 5G and beyond technologies. The focus will be on benefiting students and startup communities across the country, with a particular emphasis on the State of Mizoram.
8. ‘Agartala-Akhaura cross-border rail link project’ connects India with which country?
B. Bangladesh 🗹
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh’s Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina together inaugurated the Agartala-Akhaura cross-border rail link project. This railway connection is expected to enhance cross-border trade and substantially decrease the travel time between Agartala and Kolkata via Dhaka.
9. As per the Annual Report on ‘Road Accidents in India-2022’, which state recorded the highest number of persons killed in road accidents?
C. Uttar Pradesh 🗹
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has published its Annual Report on “Road Accidents in India-2022.” A total of 4,61,312 road accidents occurred in 2022, which claimed 1,68,491 lives, while 4,43,366 people were injured. Tamil Nadu recorded the highest number of road accidents on National Highways in 2022, followed by Madhya Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh recorded the highest number of persons killed in road accidents.
A. Indian Army
B. Indian Railways 🗹
C. Election Commission of India
D. Indian Air Force
- The Central Railway has successfully implemented the Block Proving by Axle Counter (BPAC) system in the Vasind-Asangaon section of Mumbai Division. This BPAC system plays a crucial role in ensuring the highest level of safety for train operations.
11. Which country has dispatched a new scientific expedition team to build its fifth research station in Antarctica?
C. China 🗹
- China has dispatched a new scientific expedition team to build its fifth research station in Antarctica. The expedition includes two Chinese icebreaker research ships and a cargo ship carrying more than 460 personnel. The team will conduct climate change studies and help complete construction of the station. The station will provide communications for China’s scientific polar observation satellites.
12. According to official data, what percent of rural households in India were provided tap water connections under Jal Jeevan Mission?
B. 70% 🗹
- According to official data, 70% of rural households in India have been provided tap water connections under the Jal Jeevan Mission. This means that 13,47,50,894 households out of the 19,24,26,914 rural households in the country have been provided tap water connections. The Jal Jeevan Mission is an initiative of the Government of India under the Ministry of Jal Shakti. The main objective of the project is to provide functional tap connections to each household.
TNPSC Current Affairs
Winmeen: Install the Winmeen App – Daily Free & Premium Tnpsc Study Materials & Online Test
Winmeen: Winmeen Tnpsc Test Series – Samacheer lesson Wise Test + Previous Year Model Test for Tnpsc Group 1,2, 4 & VAO