1. Which city is the host of ‘World Food India 2023’?
B. New Delhi 🗹
D. Gandhi Nagar
- The Prime Minister of India officially opened World Food India 2023 at Bharat Mandapam in the national capital, New Delhi. During the event, the PM disbursed seed capital assistance to over one lakh self-help groups (SHGs) and inaugurated a “food street”. The first edition of the event was held in 2017.
2. Which institution released the ‘2023 Adaptation Gap Report’?
A. World Bank 🗹
- In 2021, climate adaptation funding from public multilateral entities (such as the World Bank) and bilateral sources (from developed to developing nations) experienced a 15% decrease, as revealed in the 2023 Adaptation Gap Report by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). This decline occurred despite the commitments made at the 26th COP to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. These commitments aimed to double the support for adaptation finance from 2019 levels, targeting an annual sum of approximately $40 billion by 2025.
3. ‘State of Climate Services’ is an annual report released by which institution?
B. WMO 🗹
- The World Meteorological Organization’s annual report on the State of Climate Services for this year centers its attention on the topic of health. The report emphasizes the critical requirement for customized climate-related information and services to assist the healthcare sector in coping with increasingly severe weather conditions, deteriorating air quality, changing patterns of infectious diseases, and challenges related to food and water security.
4. Which institution launched a Market study on Cement sector in India?
B. NITI Aayog
C. Competition Commission of India 🗹
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI), chief national competition regulator in India, is initiating a pan-India comprehensive nationwide Market Study on the Cement sector. It aims to study the market trends including inter alia trends in cement price, cost, production, capacity, capacity utilisation and profitability among others.
5. Which country hosted the ‘International Convention on Sustainable Trade and Standards’ in 2023?
A. Sri Lanka
C. India 🗹
- The Quality Council of India (QCI), an autonomous organization under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, held the International Convention on Sustainable Trade and Standards (ICSTS) in New Delhi. This event was organized by the India National Platform on Private Sustainability Standards and hosted by QCI in partnership with the United Nations Forum on Sustainability Standards (UNFSS).
6. Which institution released ‘Hunger Hotspots Outlook Report’?
A. FAO-WFP 🗹
D. World Bank-NABARD
- The report, titled ‘Hunger Hotspots’ for the period between November 2023 and April 2024, was published recently. The new report by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) indicates that acute food insecurity is expected to deteriorate in 18 hunger hotspots until April 2024. These hotspots encompass 22 countries or territories, including two regional clusters.
7. ‘Kepler-385’, which was seen in the news, is a?
B. Seven-planet System 🗹
- Astronomers used NASA’s retired Kepler space telescope data to find an intriguing seven-planet system, Kepler-385, where all planets are bigger than Earth but smaller than Neptune. Such planets are uncommon in the universe, and Kepler-385 is one of the few systems known to have more than six confirmed planets or planet candidates.
8. Which South-Indian state cleared to take up a comprehensive caste-based census?
A. Andhra Pradesh 🗹
- Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has cleared a proposal to take up a comprehensive caste-based census in the State. The cabinet decided to implement a new land allotment policy for setting up industries. It also ratified the State Investment Promotion Board’s (SIPB) approval of fresh investments worth 19,037 crore in various sectors.
9. Srihari Nataraj, who is seen in the news, is associated with which sports?
B. Swimming 🗹
- Olympian Srihari Nataraj finished the 37th National Games with eight golds, including four in the team relays. Karnataka’s Dhinidhi Desinghu (100m free) and Kerala’s Harshitha Jayaram (100m breaststroke) also broke Games’ record in individual events.
10. India recently signed a Mobility and Migration Partnership Agreement with which country?
C. Italy 🗹
D. Saudi Arabia
- India and Italy sign Mobility and Migration. Partnership Agreement to facilitate movement of workers, students. With a population of around 1,80,000, the Indian diaspora in Italy is the third- largest in Europe, following the UK and the Netherlands.
TNPSC Current Affairs
Winmeen: Install the Winmeen App – Daily Free & Premium Tnpsc Study Materials & Online Test
Winmeen: Winmeen Tnpsc Test Series – Samacheer lesson Wise Test + Previous Year Model Test for Tnpsc Group 1,2, 4 & VAO