1. Which institution released the ‘2024 Asia- Pacific Human Development Report’?
C. UNDP 🗹
- The 2024 Asia-Pacific Human Development Report was recently released by the UNDP. As per the report, the share of the population living in multidimensional poverty fell from 25 to 15 per cent between 2015-16 and 2019-21. The report also mentions that India has emerged among top countries with high income and wealth inequality. In India, between 2000 and 2022, per capita income soared from $442 to $2,389 while women are only 23 per cent of the labour force.
2. When was the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) scheme launched in India?
C. 2020 🗹
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced an extension of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) free ration scheme for another five years. The PMGKAY was introduced in 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide 5 kg free foodgrains to eligible ration card holders under the National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA).
3. Which is the first port in the country to handle 16 million metric tonnes (MMT) of cargo in a month?
A. Kandla Port
B. Mundra Port 🗹
C. Cochin Port
D. Chennai Port
- Mundra Port in Gujarat became the first port in the country to handle 16 million metric tonnes (MMT) of cargo in a month in October 2023. This was the highest volume ever handled by any port in India. Mundra Port is owned by the Adani Group. It has a capacity to handle 338 MMT of cargo per year, which is the largest among all operational ports in India.
4. Which Union Ministry launched “Women for Water, Water for Women Campaign”?
A. Ministry of Jal Shakti
B. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs 🗹
C. Ministry of Women and Child Development
D. Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) launches “Women for Water, Water for Women Campaign” under its flagship scheme Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT). It was launched in partnership with the Ministry’s National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM). Odisha Urban Academy is the knowledge partner.
5. Which entertainment channel collaborated with the Ministry of Women and Child Development to support the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao initiative?
C. Colors 🗹
- Colors has collaborated with the Ministry of Women and Child Development to support the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao initiative. The channel aims to address the issue of girlchild abandonment, through the launch of the new TV show ‘Doree’.
6. What is Ilyushin-38 Sea Dragon, which was seen in the news?
A. Maritime Patrol aircraft 🗹
B. Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
D. Light Combat Aircraft
- The Indian Navy’s Ilyushin-38 Sea Dragon Long Range Maritime Patrol aircraft bid farewell after 46 years of glorious service to the nation. INAS 315 was commissioned in 1977 with the Induction of IL-38 aircraft heralding a modern era of airborne Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance and Anti-Submarine Warfare in the Navy. Two of these aircraft will remain stationed permanently at the National Maritime Heritage Museum, Lothal, Gujarat and at Nipani in Karnataka.
7. India held the ‘Education and Skill Council (AIESC) meeting’ with which country?
C. Australia 🗹
- The first Australia India Education and Skill Council (AIESC) meeting was recently held at IIT Gandhinagar. The AIESC, earlier the Australian India Education Council (AIEC), is a bi-national body established in 2011 to guide the strategic direction of the education, training and research partnerships between the two countries. 5 MoUs were exchanged between Australian and Indian Higher Education institutions to facilitate greater academic, research and skill collaborations.
8. As per the International Labour Organisation (ILO) data, what is the rank of India, in terms of average number of hours per week for each employed person?
B. Sixth 🗹
- Indians are the sixth most hardworking out of 163 countries in the world. The ranking is based on taking the average number of hours per week for each employed person in India, which works out to 47.7 hours, according to the latest International Labour Organisation (ILO) data of April 2023. But Indians work less than smaller countries with small populations such as Bhutan, the Congo, Lesotho, and Gambia.
9. Which cricketer equalled record of Sachin Tendulkar at 49 ODI centuries?
A. Rohit Sharma
B. Virat Kohli 🗹
C. Ravindra Jadeja
D. KL Rahul
- Virat Kohli equals record of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar at 49 ODI centuries. He also becomes the second batter, after Sachin Tendulkar (6976), to score 6000 runs in ODIs in India. It took Tendulkar 451 ODI innings to get to 49 tons while Virat Kohli reached the milestone in just his 277th innings, in his 289th match.
10. Which country won the ‘Women’s Asian Champions Hockey Trophy’ in 2023?
A. India 🗹
- Indian women’s team defeated title holders Japan 4-0 to lift its second Asian Champions Trophy title. India overcame the two-time champions through goals from Sangita Kumari (17th minute), Neha (46th), Laremsiami (57th) and Vandana Katariya (60th). India won their maiden Asian Champions Trophy title in 2016 in Singapore, while Japan bagged the crown twice, in 2013 and 2021.
11. Which city is the host of the 54th International Film Festival of India?
B. Goa 🗹
- The 54th International Film Festival of India will be held in Goa from November 20 to 28, 2023. British film ‘Catching Dust’ will be opening at the festival while the American film ‘The Featherweight’ will be the closing movie. Turkish film About Dry Grasses will be the midfest movie.
- Hollywood star Michael Douglas will be honoured with the Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award at IFFI this year. During the 9-day festival, more than 270 films will be showcased. The opening Film in the feature section is a Malayalam film, Aattam, and in the non-feature section is Andro Dreams from Manipur.
12. What is the name of the packaged wheat flour at a subsidized rate launched by the Union Government?
A. Namo Atta
B. Bharat Atta 🗹
C. India Atta
D. Swadeshi Atta
- The Union government launched packaged wheat flour at a subsidized rate that can be bought by all consumers. This aims to control the food prices during the festive season when demand for commodities rises. These agencies will sell the flour, branded Bharat Atta, at a cut price of 27.50 a kilogram, against a market price of 32-34 a kilogram.
13. Which male tennis player clinched the Paris Masters title?
A. Novak Djokovic 🗹
B. Carlos Alcaraz
C. Daniil Medvedev
D. Stefanos Tsitsipas
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic clinches record- extending seventh Paris Masters title, in a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Grigor Dimitrov in the final. Djokovic has not lost a match since his defeat to Carlos Alcaraz in the Wimbledon final in July. Novak Djokovic began a record-extending 398th week as the top-ranked player in the latest ATP Rankings.
14. Which chess player won the FIDE Grand Swiss Open title?
A. R Praggnanandhaa
B. Vidit Gujrathi 🗹
C. D Gukesh
D. Koneru Humpy
- Indian chess players Vaishali and Vidit Gujrathi win FIDE Grand Swiss women’s and open titles. Vaishali, along with her younger brother Praggnanandhaa, became the first brother-sister due to qualify for the respective Candidates. She also became the first Indian to win the Grand Swiss.
TNPSC Current Affairs
Winmeen: Install the Winmeen App – Daily Free & Premium Tnpsc Study Materials & Online Test
Winmeen: Winmeen Tnpsc Test Series – Samacheer lesson Wise Test + Previous Year Model Test for Tnpsc Group 1,2, 4 & VAO