1. ‘HEL1Os’ Spectrometer, which was seen in the news, is associated with which country? Which institution released the ‘2024 Asia- Pacific Human Development Report’?
B. India 🗹
- The 2024 Asia-Pacific Human Development Report was recently released by the UNDP. As per the report, the share of the population living in multidimensional poverty fell from 25 to 15 per cent between 2015-16 and 2019-21. The report also mentions that India has emerged among top countries with high income and wealth inequality. In India, between 2000 and 2022, per capita income soared from $442 to $2,389 while women are only 23 per cent of the labour force.
2. NASA’s Curiosity rover was launched to study which celestial body?
B. Mars 🗹
- NASA’s Curiosity rover completed 4,000 Martian days on Mars on November 7, 2023. The rover landed on Mars’ Gale Crater on August 5, 2012. Its mission is to study whether ancient Mars had the conditions to support microbial life. The car- sized rover has travelled almost 32 km on Mars and drilled its 39th sample, a rock nicknamed “Sequoia”. The rover is 10 feet long, 9 feet wide, and 7 feet tall.
3. Who is the first athlete to win the Fashion Icon award by Council of Fashion Designers of America?
A. Mary Kom
B. Serena Williams 🗹
C. Simone Biles
D. Virat Kohli
- Tennis player, Serena Williams, who retired from tennis last year, is the first athlete to win the Fashion Icon award by Council of Fashion Designers of America. The award was presented to her by Kim Kardashian, a CFDA honoree last year, for her contributions to American fashion.
4. As per a recent survey, what percent of people consume news via social media platforms?
C. 56% 🗹
- The United Nations raised a warning about the escalating problem of online disinformation and hate speech and unveiled a strategy to limit its dissemination. A survey uncovered that around 56 percent of internet users consumed news via social media platforms, UN says.
5. Which city is the host of ‘World Travel Market – 2023’ event?
A. London 🗹
B. New Delhi
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, is actively participating in the World Travel Market (WTM) 2023 in London. The primary objective of this participation is to showcase a diverse range of tourism products and a series of transformative experiences for travellers to India. This initiative is being presented under the theme ‘Incredible India! Visit India Year 2023.’
6. Which country is the host of ‘World Local Production Forum’?
A. The Netherlands 🗹
C. Sri Lanka
- An Indian delegation, headed by Bhagwant Khuba, Union Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers, is taking part in the second World Local Production Forum, which is being held in the Netherlands. The World Local Production Platform was established under the auspices of the WHO (World Health Organization) with the objective of expanding access to medicines and various other health technologies.
7. What is ‘Pralay’, which was recently flight tested?
A. Tactical ballistic missile 🗹
B. Intercontinental ballistic missile
C. Anti-tank missile
D. Surface-to-air missile
- Recently, India conducted a successful test of the ‘Pralay’ tactical ballistic missile off the coast of Odisha. During the test, the missile demonstrated its capability by covering its entire range of approximately 500 kilometers. The test was deemed highly successful, with the missile meeting all expected parameters and performing as intended.
8. Which country supplies ‘Hermes-900 drones’ to India?
B. Israel 🗹
- The introduction of Heron Mark-2 drones and the upcoming addition of Hermes-900 drones will significantly enhance the surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities of the Indian Army. The Indian Army recently inducted the Heron Mark 2 drones from Israel which can be equipped with strike capabilities in the northern sector.
9. What is the name of the aerial exercise conducted by the Indian Air Force across the northeastern states?
A. Poorvi Akash 🗹
- The Indian Air Force conducted a significant aerial exercise called ‘Poorvi Akash’ across the northeastern states along the China border. This exercise involved joint operations with the Indian Army and featured the use of advanced and lethal weapons systems, including the ‘Sudarshan’ S-400 air defense missile systems. The exercise aimed to enhance the preparedness and coordination of the Indian armed forces in the region.
10. When is ‘National Cancer Awareness Day’ observed?
C. November.07 🗹
- ‘National Cancer Awareness Day’ is observed in India on November 7 every year since 2014 to create public awareness about early detection, prevention, and treatment of cancer. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide, representing nearly 1 in 6 deaths globally.
11. Which cricket team won the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. Punjab 🗹
D. West Bengal
- Punjab recorded a 20-run win over Baroda in the final of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy. It was the first time they have the national T20 title. The 61-ball 113 from Anmolpreet Singh and another 27-ball 61 by Nehal Wadhera helped Punjab, who had won their last national title in 1993 when they won the Ranji Trophy.
TNPSC Current Affairs
Winmeen: Install the Winmeen App – Daily Free & Premium Tnpsc Study Materials & Online Test
Winmeen: Winmeen Tnpsc Test Series – Samacheer lesson Wise Test + Previous Year Model Test for Tnpsc Group 1,2, 4 & VAO