TNPSC Recruitment 2022 11 District Educational Officer Posts
TNPSC Recruitment 2022 11 District Educational Officer Posts: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invites Applications from eligible candidates for direct recruitment to the post of District Educational Officer (Group – I C Services) in School Education Department included in the Tamil Nadu School Educational Service. Applicants can check the complete information regarding the recruitment process including eligibility criteria, Application process, Selection process and Application fee and other details from this article. Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website till 13-01-2023. For more details on the job recruitment visit the official website and download the notification from the links given below.
Summary For District Educational Officer TNPSC Recruitment 2022
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Job Category||Tamil Nadu Government Jobs|
|Notification||Advertisement No. 643 Notification No. 37/2022 Dated :13-12-2022|
|Post||District Educational Officer (Group – I C Services)|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
Vacancy And Salary Details For District Educational Officer -TNPSC
TNPSC invites online application for the District Educational Officer Posts for the recruitment drive 2022. The post name with service code and number of vacancy is listed in the table below. The salary details for each post is also given in this section. Candidates can check the detailed vacancy distribution and other details from the official notification from the links given below.
|S. No||Post Name & Post Code||Service Name||Number of Vacancy||Salary|
|1||District Educational Officer
(Post Code No.2062)
|Tamil Nadu School Educational Service.||11*||Rs.56900- 209200
- From Open Market – 9
- From among Teachers employed in recognised Aided Secondary Schools and Higher Secondary Schools – 2
Distribution of Vacancies
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable for this recruitment.
GT (G) – 02
GT (W) PSTM – 01
BC(OBC)(G) – 02
BC (M) (W) – 01
MBC/DC (W) – 01
MBC/DC [LD (BL)/CP/LC/DF/AC] – 01
SC(G) – 02
Abbreviation: GT-General Turn; BC (OBCM)– Backward Classes (other than Backward Class Muslim); BC(M) – Backward Classes (Muslim); MBC/DC – Most Backward Classes/DE notified Communities; SC – Scheduled Castes; SC(A) – Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiar); G-General; W-Women; PSTM- Persons Studied in Tamil Medium. HH- Hard of hearing LD– Locomotor disability AC- Acid attack victims.
Eligibility Criteria For District Educational Officer -TNPSC
Candidates wish to apply for the District Educational Officer posts for TNPSC recruitment 2022 can check their eligibility criteria for the post in this section. Educational qualification, Age limit and all details needed to apply for the above posts are discussed in this section of the article. For more details regarding the recruitment process download the notification file from the links given below.
Educational Qualification For District Educational Officer -TNPSC (As on 14-12-2022)
- Applicants should possess the following or its equivalent qualification awarded by any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- For both, Open Market candidates and Teachers employed in recognized Aided Secondary schools and Higher Secondary Schools.
- A Master’s Degree of any University recognized by the University Grants Commission in the State or a Degree of equivalent standard in any one of the following subjects with not less than 50% of Marks in the Master’s Degree Examination in any one of the following subjects : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Economics, Geography, History, Commerce, Tamil and English (Provided that a candidate possessing a Degree of M.A or M.Sc. or an equivalent degree awarded under the grading system shall not be considered eligible for appointment unless he has obtained the said degree with “O” or “A” or “B” Grade.) AND B.T. or B.Ed. Degree of any recognized university in the State or a degree of equivalent standard. AND Must have studied Tamil under Part-I or Part-II of the Intermediate Or Pre-University course Or Higher Secondary Course.
Experience: Only for recruitment to the vacancies which are to be filled from among the Teachers employed in recognized aided Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools having teaching experience in a recognized School for a total period of not less than 12 years after acquiring the degree of B.T or B.Ed. or its equivalent qualifications.
- The educational qualifications prescribed for the post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the following order of studies viz. [10th + HSC / Diploma or its equivalent + Bachelor’s Degree + PG Degree + B.T/B.Ed. Degree] (or)
- [10th + HSC / Diploma or its equivalent + Bachelor’s Degree + B.T/B.Ed. Degree + PG Degree] as required under Section 25 of the Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016. Results of the examination should have been declared on or before the date of notification.
- Applicants must have passed Tamil as one of the subject in Intermediate/PUC/HSC or its equivalent. A pass in the Second Class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil will not be considered equivalent to the qualification in Tamil prescribe for this post.
- Applicants claiming equivalence of qualification should upload and submit evidence for equivalence of qualification, in the form of Government Order issued on or before the date of this notification, and submit it along with the online application, failing which, their application will be summarily rejected after due process.
- A list of Equivalence of qualification in the related subject is available in Annexure-I to this Notification. (Refer also to the Disclaimer annexed to this Notification). The Government Orders regarding equivalence of qualification issued after the date of this notification will not be accepted.
- The teacher category candidates should be working as teacher in recognized Aided Secondary schools and Higher Secondary Schools on the date of notification and fulfil the other conditions stipulated in the notification.
Age Limit For District Educational Officer -TNPSC Recruitment (As on 01-07-2022)
- For SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all categories : No maximum Limit.
- “Others” [i.e., applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs]
For Open Market – Should not have completed 32* Years
For Teacher employed in recognized aided Secondary Schools and Higher Secondary Schools- Should not have completed 42*Years
- For open market candidates only:
“Others” [i.e., Applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC/DCs, Maximum Age
1. SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs and Destitute Widows of all categories : No age limit
2. “Others” [i.e., applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs] For Open Market – Should not have completed 32* Years
For Teacher employed in recognized aided Secondary Schools and Higher Secondary Schools- Should not have completed 42* Years
BC(OBCM)s, BCMs] who have put in five and more years of service in the State/Central Government are not eligible even if they are within the age limit
- “No maximum age” limit shall mean that the applicants should not have completed 60 years of age either on the date on notification or at the time of selection /appointment to the post.
Relaxation in Age Limit For TNPSC Recruitment 2022
- Persons with Benchmark Disability: Eligible for age concession up to 10 years over and above the maximum age limit prescribed.
- For Ex-servicemen (others): The Maximum age limit is 50 years for the applicants who belongs to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs. The maximum age limit is 50 years for “Others” (i.e.) applicants not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs. The above mentioned age concession will not apply to the Ex-servicemen applicants who have already been recruited to any class or service or category.
CERTIFICATE OF PHYSICAL FITNESS : Applicants selected for appointment to the said posts will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed format enclosed with Annexure III of the notification. The said Certificate should be submitted by the selected candidate to the Appointing Authority at the time of joining to the said post. Applicants with defective vision should produce Eye Fitness Certificate from a qualified Eye Specialist working in Government Hospital.
|Post Name||Standard of Vision Prescribed||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness|
|District Educational Officer||Standard–III or better||Form prescribed for Executive Posts|
KNOWLEDGE IN TAMIL : Applicants should possess adequate knowledge in Tamil.
Application Fee For District Educational Officer -TNPSC
- Registration Fee – For One Time Registration : Rs.150/-
- Preliminary Examination Fee : Rs. 100/-
The Preliminary Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment, unless exemption of fee is claimed.
- Main Written Examination Fee : Rs. 200/-
The candidates who have not claimed fee exemption and paid the fee of Rs. 100/- towards the Preliminary Examination of this recruitment, have to pay the Main Written Examination fee if they are shortlisted for the Main Written Examination based on the results of Preliminary Examination and on receipt of such intimation from Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Applicants who have already registered in One Time online Registration system and are within the validity period of 5 years are exempted.
- The Examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the online application for this recruitment, if they are not eligible for the concession as noted below.
- Examination fee is payable by online mode through Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card on or before the last date of submission of online application by choosing the option in the online application.
- Offline mode of payment in the form of Demand Draft / Postal Order etc. will not be accepted and the applications forwarded with such modes of payment will be summarily rejected.
Exam Fee Concessions For TNPSC Recruitment
One Time Registration is valid for five years from the date of registration. After completion of five years, the applicant must renew the One Time Registration by paying the fee prescribed. The One Time Registration is different from the application for the examination. An applicant should make an online application separately for each and every examination for which he intends to appear.
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||Full Exemption|
|Scheduled Tribes||Full Exemption|
|Most Backward Classes/ Denotified Communities||Three Free Chances|
|Backward Classes (Other than Muslim) / Backward Classes (Muslim)||Three Free Chances|
|Persons with Benchmark Disability||Full Exemption|
|Ex-Servicemen||Two Free Chances|
|Destitute Widow||Full Exemption|
Selection Process For District Educational Officer -TNPSC Recruitment 2022
TNPSC may follow the following process to select the candidates.
Main Written Examination
- The selection will be made in three successive stages (i) Preliminary Examination for selection of candidates for admission to the Main Written Examination (ii) Main Written Examination and (iii) An Oral Test in the shape of an Interview and Counselling.
- The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test for admitted the candidate for Main Written Examination only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination will be 10 times the number of candidates to be recruited having regard to the rule of reservation of appointments.
- However, in each reservation group, all the candidates who secure the same marks as that of cut off marks of their reservation groups shall also be admitted to the Main Written Examination, though the number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination may exceed 1:10 ratio.
- No supplemental list will be published in the place of rejected candidates (or) candidates who have failed to send documents for verification. The final selection will be made based on the total marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Written Examination Paper-II, Paper-III, Paper IV and Oral Test taken together, subject to Rule of Reservation of Appointments.
CENTRES FOR PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION: Chennai 0101, Madurai 1001, Coimbatore 0201,,Tiruchirappalli 2501, Tirunelveli 2601, Salem 1701, Thanjavur 1901, Chidambaram 0303, Vellore 2701, Ramanathapuram 1601, Nagercoil 0801, Kancheepuram 0701, Karaikudi 1805, Pudukkottai 1501, Udhagamandalam 1301
CENTRE FOR MAIN EXAMINATION : The Main Written Examination will be held at Chennai (Code: 0101) only.
Exam Pattern For District Educational Officer -TNPSC
- The question papers in the following subjects will be set both in Tamil and in English.
- The Main Written Examination answer sheets of Paper-II, Paper-III and Paper-IV will be evaluated, only if the candidate secures minimum qualifying marks [40%- i.e., 40 marks] in Paper-I (Tamil Eligibility Test) and the marks secured in Paper-I will not be taken into account for ranking
- Appearance in all the papers of the Main Written Examination and the Oral Test is compulsory. Candidates who have not appeared for any one or more papers of the Main Written Examination or Oral Test shall not be considered for further selection, even if they secure the minimum qualifying marks for selection.
- The differently abled candidates may avail exemption from writing Paper-I (Tamil Eligibility Test). Such candidates have to furnish the required details in the online application without fail. The candidates need to upload Disability Certificate (Refer Annexure-IV) as prescribed in G.O.
- The syllabus for both the Preliminary Examination and Main Written Examination are available in the Commission’s Website and also in the Annexure-II of this notification.
PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION (SINGLE PAPER) (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|General Studies (Code No.003)
General Studies(Degree Standard)
|Aptitude & Mental Ability
Test (SSLC Standard)
MAIN WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND ORAL TEST
|Paper I||Tamil Eligibility Test (SSLC Standard)
|Paper II||General Studies (Degree Standard)
|Paper III||General English (Degree Standard)
|Paper IV||Education (B.Ed. Course Syllabus)||300||3 Hrs.|
|Interview & Records||120|
How To Apply For District Educational Officer -TNPSC 2022
Step 2: Candidates must apply under One Time Registration system with valid email and phone number.
Step 3: Already registered applicants can login using the Unique ID and password.
Step 4: Applicants should select the name of the post for the required post.
Step 5: Fill the online application carefully.
Step 6: Online Application can be edited till the last date for submission of online application.
Step 7: Upload the required document as specified in the instructions.
Step 8: Pay the Application fee if applicable and note down the acknowledge number.
Step 9: Take print out of the final application form for future reference.
Step 10 : After the last date for submission of online application, the candidates are allowed to edit their online application during the Online Application Correction Window.
Important Links For TNPSC Recruitment Of District Educational Officer
Official Website : www.tnpsc.gov.in
Notification PDF For TNPSC Recruitment – District Educational Officer : Click Here
Last Date To Apply For District Educational Officer -TNPSC 2022 : 13-01-2023
Application Correction Window Period : From 18-01-2023,12.01 A.M to 20-01-2023,11.59 P.M
Exam Details For TNPSC District Educational Officer
|District Educational Officer||Preliminary Examination||09-04-2023||09.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M.|
|Main Written Examination||Will be announced later at the time of declaration of results of Preliminary Examination.|